City West railway station
|Location||Railway Street, West Perth
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Distance||1.6 kilometres from Perth|
99201 (platform 1)
99202 (platform 2)
|Fare zone||1 /|
|Opened||18 June 1986|
|Previous names||West Perth|
The original West Perth station opened in 1883 as North Perth. It was renamed West Perth in 1890. The station closed on 1 September 1979 along with the rest of the Fremantle line, re-opening on 29 July 1983 when services were restored. It is now a major transport option for students of the nearby widely renowned Perth Modern School. 
On 18 June 1986, a new West Perth station opened on the other side of the West Perth Subway. It was renamed City West on 19 November 1987 in conjunction with the opening of an adjacent Parry Corporation commercial development of the same name.
|99202||2||Fremantle||All stations, A, B, S||Fremantle|
|Stop||Route||Destination / description||Notes|
| Railway Street (west bound)||5 Green CAT||to Leederville station|
|81||to City Beach via Cambridge Street & Oceanic Drive|
|82||to City Beach via Cambridge Street & The Boulevard|
|83||to Wembley Downs via Grantham Street & Empire Avenue|
|84||to Wembley Downs via Grantham Street & Hale Road|
|85||to Glendalough Station via Cambridge Street & Herdsman Parade|
|906||Rail replacement service to Fremantle station|
| Railway Street (east bound)||5 Green CAT||to Elizabeth Quay bus station via Colin Street & Malcolm Street|
|81, 82, 83, 84, 85||to Perth Busport|
|906||Rail replacement service to Perth station|
- Our History Public Transport Authority
- History of Stations on the Fremantle Line Right Track
- West May 2014 plaque1.jpg Station plaque
- West May 2014 plaque2.jpg Station plaque
- Fremantle Line Timetable Transperth 31 January 2016
- Understanding Australia's urban railways Bureau of Infrastructure Transport & Regional Economics July 2012 page 12
- "Green CAT". Perth CAT Timetable 203 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 31 January 2016].
- "Route 81". Bus Timetable 43 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 82". Bus Timetable 43 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 83". Bus Timetable 43 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 84". Bus Timetable 43 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 85". Bus Timetable 43 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- Media related to City West railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Gallery History of Western Australian Railways & Stations
Free Transit Zone
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|
Free Transit Zone
towards Shenton Park