City of Dragons
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Series||The Rain Wild Chronicles|
|September 2011 (NL)|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
|Preceded by||Dragon Haven|
|Followed by||Blood of Dragons|
City of Dragons is a fantasy novel by American writer Robin Hobb, the third book in The Rain Wild Chronicles. It was released in September 2011 and is a direct continuation of the previous novel: Dragon Haven.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)
- Alise Kincarron Finbok – one of the main protagonists, a self-taught scholar of dragons.
- Thymara – one of the main protagonists, keeper to Sintara.
- Sintara – one of the main protagonists, a blue dragon (Thymara's dragon).
- Captain Leftrin – one of the main protagonists, Captain of the barge Tarman.
- Sedric – one of the main protagonists, secretary to Hest Finbok, he is assigned to accompany Alise Finbok on her journey. Keeper of Relpda.
- Tats – keeper of the dragon Fente, childhood friend of Thymara and a former slave.
- Sylve – keeper of the dragon Mercor.
- Rapskal – keeper of the dragon Heeby.
- Carson Lupskip – a hunter and an old friend of Leftrin's.
- Davvie – a hunter (bowman) and nephew to Carson.
- Ranculos – a scarlet, male dragon.
- Sestican – an azure, male dragon, kept by Warken.
- Mercor – a golden dragon, tended by Sylve. Implied to have previously been the sea serpent Maulkin.
- Heeby – a small red dragon queen, tended by Rapskal.
- Greft – eldest of the keepers, keeper to Kalo.
- Jerd – keeper of the dragon Veras.
- Fente – a green dragon queen with a nasty temperament, tended by Tats.
- Veras – a dragon, tended by Jerd.
- Arbuc – Alum's dragon.
- Kalo – a blue-black male dragon, the largest of their clan, tended by Greft.
- Spit – an unclaimed, stunted silver dragon with a wounded tail.
- Relpda – a sickly copper dragon queen, tended by Sedric.
- Kase – a dragon keeper, cousin to Boxter.
- Boxter – a dragon keeper, cousin to Kase.
- Alum – a dragon keeper to Arbuc.
- Nortel – a dragon keeper; one of Greft's closest supporters.
- Harrikin – a dragon keeper, foster brother to Lecter. He is the second oldest keeper at 20 years.
- Lecter – a dragon keeper, foster brother to Harrikin.
- Skelly – Deckhand on Tarman and niece of Leftrin.
- Big Eider – Deckhand on Tarman.
- Hennesey – Mate on Tarman.
- Hest Finbok – Husband of Alise Finbok, a rich and important Bingtown trader.
- Swarge – Tillerman of the barge Tarman.
- Bellin – Wife to Swarge, a poleman on Tarman.
- Tarman – A liveship river barge made from wizardwood.
- "De Kronieken Van De Wilde Regenland / 3 Drakenstad". bol.com.
- Shawl, Nisi (18 February 2012). "Robin Hobb's 'City of Dragons': Trouble in the Rain Wilds". The Seattle Times.