Hamilton Paramedic Service
|BLS or ALS||Both ALS and BLS|
|Medical director||Dr. Michelle Welsford|
Additional vehicles are occasionally added as a temporary measure as demand increases. Hamilton EMS operates from 18 joint EMS/fire stations, and two EMS exclusive operation centres.
- Station #1 JOHN - 35 - 43 John Street North Transport Unit 2035
- Station #3 GARTH - 965 Garth Street. Transport Unit 2003
- Station #4 UPPER SHERMAN - 729 Upper Sherman Avenue. Transport Unit 2015
- Station #7 QUIGLEY - 225 Quigley Road. Transport Unit 2243
- Station #9 KENILWORTH - 125 Kenilworth Avenue North. Transport Unit 2016
- Station #10 NORFOLK - 1455 Main Street West. Transport Unit 2037
- Station #12 STONEY CREEK - 199 Highway 8, Hamilton. Transport Unit 2011
- Station #15 ARVIN - 415 Arvin Avenue, Stoney Creek. Transport Unit 2002 ERV 2350
- Station #17 ISAAC BROCK - 363 Isaac Brock Drive. Transport Unit
- Station #18 BINBROOK - 2636 Highway #56, Binbrook. Emergency Response Unit 2354
- Station #19 MOUNT HOPE - 3303 Homestead Drive, Mount Hope Transport Unit 2010
- Station #20 ANCASTER/GARNER - 661 Garner Road East, Ancaster. Transport Unit 2223 ERV 2373
- Station #21 ANCASTER/WILSON - 365 Wilson St. East, Ancaster. Transport Unit 2001
- Station #23 DUNDAS - Memorial Square, Dundas. Unit Transport Unit 2032
- Station #24 WATERDOWN - 256 Parkside Drive, Waterdown. Transport Unit 2005
- Station #25 GREENSVILLE - 361 Old Brock Road, Hamilton. Transport Unit 2039
- Station #32 LIMERIDGE - 1000 Limeridge Rd East. Transport Unit 2034 District 2 Supervisor, District 2 Emergency Support Unit
- Station #30 VICTORIA/FLEET- 489 Victoria Avenue North Transport Unit 2013 and Multiple Demand Transport Units (Stores) Logistics Supervisor, District 1 Supervisors, Scheduling Offices, Logistic Technicians, Bariatric Unit, District 1 Emergency Support Unit. **Paramedics in Hamilton utilize stations with the Hamilton Fire Department.
- Primary Care Paramedics (PCPs)
- Advanced Care Paramedics (ACPs)
- Land Transport Ambulances
- Emergency Response Vehicles/Paramedic Rapid Response Units
- Tiered Emergency Medical Responses (with Hamilton Fire Department)
- Community Paramedicine Program
- Social Navigator Program
- Bariatric Transport Unit
- Public Access Defibrillation (PAD) program
- Community Programs - Public education and safety promotion
Hamilton Paramedic Service transports patients to Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital (formerly Henderson Hospital), St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton or McMaster Children's Hospital/McMaster University Medical Centre. Patient's transported by ambulance are not accepted at Urgent Care Centres in Hamilton
Occasionally, transportation is made to other hospital destinations due to location and/or if specific services are required
Hamilton Paramedic Service operates under the direction of Hamilton Central Ambulance Communications Center or CACC "Kaack"). CACC is operated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Emergency Health Services Branch and is not operated/owned/controlled by the City of Hamilton.
Emergency calls to 9-1-1 are first answered by the local PSAP or Public Safety Answering Point. If an ambulance is required you are then connected/transferred via 9-1-1 to the Hamilton Central Ambulance Communications Center if you are calling locally.
CACC prioritizes the urgency of requests, determine the appropriate destination hospital to meet patient needs and provide callers with pre-arrival first aid instructions. The centres deploy, coordinate and direct the movement of all ambulances and emergency response vehicles within geographic catchment areas to ensure an integrated healthcare system.Computer-aided wide-area central dispatching and technology, such as automatic vehicle location using global positioning systems, help the dispatcher to determine and assign the closest available and most appropriate ambulance to each emergency.
Paramedicine in Canada
Emergency Services in Hamilton, Ontario
||Region of Waterloo Paramedic Service||Guelph-Wellington EMS|
|County of Brandt Ambulance Service||Halton Region Paramedic Services|
|Haldimand County EMS||Niagara Region EMS|
- "MOHLTC - Emergency Health Services - Central Ambulance Communications Centre". www.health.gov.on.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-20.