City of Onkaparinga
|City of Onkaparinga
|• Density||294.8/km2 (764/sq mi)|
|Area||518.4 km2 (200.2 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Lorraine Rosenberg |
|Council seat||Noarlunga Centre|
|State electorate(s)||Davenport, Finniss, Fisher, Heysen, Kaurna, Mawson, Mitchell, Reynell|
|Federal Division(s)||Boothby, Kingston, Mayo|
|Website||City of Onkaparinga|
The City of Onkaparinga is a local government area (LGA) located on the southern fringe of Adelaide, South Australia. It is named after the Onkaparinga River, whose name comes from Ngangkiparinga, a Kaurna word meaning women's river. It is the largest LGA in South Australia, with an estimated population of 164,800 people in both urban and rural communities and is also geographically expansive, encompassing an area of 518.3 km². The council is headquartered in the Noarlunga Centre with area offices situated in Aberfoyle Park, Woodcroft and Willunga.
The Elected Council meets at the chambers in Noarlunga Centre on Hannah Road every three weeks on a Tuesday.
The City of Onkaparinga has 21 elected members (including the mayor). The city is divided into five electoral wards, with four councillors representing each. The mayor is elected at large by all electors.
The current council was elected in 2014 for a four-year term.
- Local Government Areas of South Australia
- List of Adelaide suburbs
- List of Adelaide parks and gardens
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (30 March 2010). "Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2008–09". Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Elected Members". City of Onkaparinga. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Happy Valley (S.A.). Corporation". Libraries Australia. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Elected members". The City of Onkaparinga. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- "COUNCILLOR GAIL KILBY, WINE COAST WARD, CITY OF ONKAPARINGA". Gail Kilby. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- "City of Onkaparinga suburb boundaries map". City of Onkaparinga. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.