City of Wolverhampton College
|Principal||Mr. Mark Robertson|
|Local authority||Wolverhampton City Council|
|DfE URN||130484 Tables|
Upon this merger, it was initially known as Wolverhampton College, but in the aftermath of Wolverhampton gaining city status in December 2000, it adopted its current title.
A campus has since opened on Wellington Road in Bilston, replacing the old Bilston Community College buildings nearby which had originally been the buildings of Bilston Girls High School.
The college offers courses to students from Wolverhampton and the surrounding area. Courses offered include NVQs, GCSEs, BTECs, A Levels and Access courses. In addition, the college offers some higher education courses in conjunction with the University of Wolverhampton.
- Wellington Road Campus, Wellington Road, Bilston ( )
- Paget Road Campus, Paget Road, Wolverhampton (Coordinates: )
- Metro One Campus, Bilston Street, Wolverhampton ( )
- Telford Campus, Stafford Park 4, Telford, Shropshire ( )
- Worcester Campus, 9-11 Copenhagen Street, Worcester, WR1 2HB
- Liam Payne, X Factor finalist and member of boyband One Direction.
- Garry Crawford, Professor of Sociology and author, University of Salford
- Lesley Whittle was a student at the college when, in 1975, she was kidnapped and murdered by Donald Neilson. This was one of the most notorious crimes of the 1970s.
|This West Midlands school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|