||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Citytv Bogotá. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2017.|
Type of site
|Owner||Casa Editorial El Tiempo
(brand licensed by Rogers Media)
|Slogan(s)||Free videos in Spanish and Citytv Programming|
|Alexa rank||63,603 (January 2013[update])|
|Copyrighted and Creative Commons.|
Citytv.com.co is a Colombian video sharing website that operates under the Canadian-based brand name Citytv, which is licensed to the Colombian newspaper El Tiempo from Rogers Media. The website was created by El Tiempo Publishing Company (Casa Editorial El Tiempo) in order to compete with other popular video sharing websites such as YouTube and Metacafe with the difference being that it targets a Colombian audience. As of August 2009 the vast majority of videos in the website come from Citytv Bogota's television programming. Users can upload their own videos upon registration or by accessing via Facebook Connect. The website's terms of service warns that videos with improper material such as pornography or defamation are prohibited and that all videos are screened prior to publishing.
Facebook Connect integration
Citytv.com.co is tightly integrated with Facebook by allowing users to post a comment in the website and at the same time having the comment published in their Facebook wall.
- "Citytv.com.co Site Info". Alexa. 21 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- Tiempo, Casa Editorial El. "Citytv.com.co, el reino del video". El Tiempo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Crece liderazgo de Casa Editorial EL TIEMPO, según cifras del Estudio General de Medios - Archivo - portafolio.com.co". 2011-08-15. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Citytv.com.co Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Citytv.com.co, una nueva puesta de video online.". IAB Colombia (in Spanish). 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Videos: Noticias, Eventos, Música y Programas en Citytv.com.co". www.citytv.com.co. Retrieved 2017-04-18.