Civic Liberal Alliance
|President||Anka Mrak Taritaš|
|Vice Presidents||Goran Beus Richembergh|
Diana Topčić Rosenberg
|Founded||9 July 2017|
|Split from||Croatian People's Party|
|European affiliation||Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe|
|European Parliament group||Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe|
4 / 151
0 / 12
0 / 21
0 / 128
The Civic Liberal Alliance (Croatian: Građansko-liberalni savez, abbr. Glas - lit. Voice/Vote) is a liberal political party in Croatia. The party was founded by four former Croatian People's Party (HNS) MP's led by Anka Mrak Taritaš who were dissatisfied with HNS entering a coalition with the conservative Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) and supporting Cabinet of Andrej Plenković since June 2017.
Glas automatically became a parliamentary party with four MPs, making it the fifth largest party in the country in terms of parliamentary representation. In addition, Jozo Radoš also left HNS and joined Glas, so the party also has one MEP. Radoš sits in the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe group.
Another notable member is Vesna Pusić.
On 1 December 2017 the party was admitted into the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party as an affiliate member.
Party president Mrak-Taritaš described Glas as "a modern, progressive, trans-ideological party in the left center, acceptable to people who are liberal, social-liberal and social-democratic." Party's emphasis will be placed on individual freedoms and rights, stable institutions and diversity as a comparative advantage.
- the right of women to freely choose on abortion,
- extension of LGBT rights and civil rights protections,
- the right to vote at the local elections at the age of 16,
- anti-fascism as the foundation of modern Croatia,
- separation of church and state, strengthening secularization and revision of all four concordats,
- comprehensive curriculum reform,
- removal of parafiscal tax,
- public administration reform,
- a stable judiciary,
- "Počela osnivačka skupina GLAS-a" [Founding congress of GLAS has started]. Tportal.hr. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- "FOTO: U DVORANI 'WOW' OSNOVANA STRANKA 'GLAS' Za šeficu izabrana Anka Mrak Taritaš, evo tko je sve iz drugih stranaka došao na konvenciju" [Photo: GLAS party founded in the "WOW" hall. Anka Mrak Taritaš chosen as leader, here's who else was at the congress] (in Croatian). Jutarnji.hr. 2017-06-14. Retrieved 2017-07-09.
- Petra Mlačić/Vijesti.hr. "Bivši HNS-ovci osnovali GLAS: 'Želimo okupiti ljude kojima su se izbori i politika zgadili'" (in Croatian). Vijesti.rtl.hr. Retrieved 2017-07-09.
- Mihaljević, Jerko (14 June 2017). "Anka Mrak Taritaš upravo je objavila da će s bivšim HNS-ovcima osnovati novu stranku" [Anka Mrak Taritaš just announced that she will found a new party with former HNS members]. Telegram.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- "Građansko-liberalni savez - Registar političkih stranaka u Republici Hrvatskoj" [Civic Liberal Alliance - Registry of political parties in the Republic of Croatia]. Ministry of Public Administration (in Croatian). Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- "ALDE welcomes new member parties". Aldeparty.eu. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Formalizirana Amsterdamska koalicija: 'Vrlo se jasno suprotstavljamo HDZ-u i onima desnije od njega'" [Amsterdam Coalition formalised: 'We clearly oppose HDZ and the ones more to the right than them']. Net.hr (in Croatian). 8 December 2018. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "MRAK TARITAŠ U AKCIJI Bivši HNS-ovci sutra i formalno osnivaju novu stranku, otkrili na koga ciljaju" [Mrak Taritaš in action. Former HNS members formally establish new party, reveal who they are targeting]. Novilist.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Mrak Taritaš i disidenti iz HNS-a osnovali novu stranku GLAS, neizvjesno hoće li im se pridružiti i Vesna Pusić". Jutarnji.hr. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Osnovan Građansko-liberalni savez (GLAS)" [Civic Liberal Alliance (GLAS) established]. Glas Istre (in Croatian). Retrieved 19 January 2018.