Civil Twilight (album)
|Studio album by Civil Twilight|
|Released||13 March 2010|
|Genre||Indie rock, alternative rock|
|Producer||Civil Twilight, Noel Golden, Michael Carney|
|Civil Twilight chronology|
|Singles from Civil Twilight|
Civil Twilight is the debut studio album of Civil Twilight. It was officially released 6 April 2010 in South Africa and on 13 April 2010 in the United States and United Kingdom. It features many alternative rock and classical influences. Many have drawn parallels between the band's debut and the early work of U2 along with Muse. Steven McKellar's vocals have been compared to that of Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Jeff Buckley. During its original independent release by the band in 2007, the album was originally titled Human.
Letters from the Sky was the first single to be released from this album. It reached number 7 on Billboard Alternative Songs chart. It also reached number 25 on the Rock Songs chart. It is their best charting single to date on that chart.
|Consequence of Sound|
Civil Twilight received general acclaim from those who reviewed it, with three main reviewers giving positive ratings.
Civil Twilight charted at number 16 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. Its first single, Letters from the Sky, peaked at number 7 on the Alternative Songs chart and at number 25 on the Rock Songs chart. The song went on to be used in many different media promotions, including a promo for the 2011 NBC sci-fi television drama The Event's spring return.
In popular culture
"Letters from the Sky" has been used multiple times:
- In a one-season episode of Harper's Island
- In a seventh-season episode of The Mentalist
- In a promo for the Iron Man match between John Cena and Randy Orton for the WWE Championship at WWE Bragging Rights
- In a promo for the rematch between Cena and The Rock for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 29
- As background music for teasers of the SyFy original series Defiance
- In the closing credits of the film I Am Number Four
- For the 2011 WTA (Women's Tennis Association) promo "Strong is Beautiful"
- In a second-season episode of the 2014 series The Originals
- In a trailer for the 2014 film Left Behind
- In the seventh-season episode of One Tree Hill
- In the film "Legendary Starring | "John Cena"
- In an eighth-season episode of Shameless
All tracks were written by Andrew McKellar, Richard Wouters, and Steven McKellar.
|1.||"Anybody Out There"||6:18|
|3.||"Next to Me"||3:44|
|4.||"Letters from the Sky"||4:35|
|5.||"On the Surface"||3:50|
|9.||"What You Want"||6:36|
|10.||"Something She Said"||5:10|
|11.||"Quiet In My Town"||6:36|
|12.||"Run Dry (Deluxe Edition bonus track)"||4:17|
|13.||"Save Yourself (Deluxe Edition bonus track)"||3:33|
|14.||"Stolen (Deluxe Edition bonus track)"||5:08|
- Steven McKellar – bass guitar, lead vocals, keyboards
- Andrew McKellar – guitar, backing vocals
- Richard Wouters – drums, percussion