Civil War (college rivalry)
|This article needs to be updated. (August 2012)|
The Civil War is a college rivalry between Oregon State University and the University of Oregon. The rivalry is one of the oldest in the nation, dating back to 1894 when the two universities' football teams first met. Although the college football game is the most popular rivalry, the two universities have Civil War games in every sport that both sponsor. There is also an academic rivalry between the schools on occasion, and competitions for community services such as blood drives take place often.
PacificSource Civil War Series
Although determining the overall series winner is a fairly recent practice, all-time records for sports between the universities have been kept since play started.
The all-time record between the schools stands at 172-159 in favor of Oregon State. The 2005 and 2006 seasons saw a rare unity between the schools in rooting for the Oregon State baseball team during the 2005 and 2006 College World Series. The Beavers went two-and-out (i.e., lost their first two games in the double-elimination event) in 2005, but won the national title in 2006 and 2007. With the recent success of the Oregon State Baseball program, the University of Oregon reinstated their baseball program in 2009, renewing the rivalry.
The men's basketball rivalry is one of the most contested games between any two teams in the nation, with an NCAA record 346 games played as of the 2015-16 season. The Beavers also hold the NCAA record for the third most wins against a single team (the Ducks) with the series' 186-160 record.
The men's soccer teams have only played 3 times, with the Ducks dropping this as a sport at the conclusion of the 1989 season. The Beavers won all three contests played, leaving the record at 3-0-0 in favor of OSU.
Oregon State has traditionally dominated in this sport, leading the Ducks 103-24-4 in the all-time series as of the end of the 2005–06 season. Oregon State has won the past 7 meets, dating back to the 2003 season. The Ducks have dropped this sport and it has been absent for several years.
The all-time record between the women's basketball teams as of the 2015-16 school year is 57-30 in favor of Oregon. 
The all-time record in women’s soccer is 9-5-1 in favor of Oregon State as of the end of the 2005 season.
Oregon State holds the all-time series in softball at 79-78-1, as of 2009.
Oregon leads the all-time series with Oregon State 44-40 as of the end of the 2005 season.
- "Oregon State Baseball History Part 2; Outside the Foul Lines" (PDF). p. 23. Retrieved 2006-06-14.
- "Official 2006 NCAA Men's Basketball Records Book" (PDF). p. 404. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-04-11. Retrieved 2006-06-14.
- "2005 Oregon State Football Media Guide - Series Records & Results" (PDF). p. 9. Retrieved 2006-06-14.[dead link]
- "2005 Oregon State Wrestling Media Guide - History; Records; Honors" (PDF). p. 25. Retrieved 2006-06-14.
- "2005 Oregon State Women's Basketball Media Guide - Beaver Basketball history" (PDF). p. 8. Retrieved 2006-06-28.
- "2006 Oregon State Softball Media Guide - Records" (PDF). p. 12. Retrieved 2006-06-14.
- "2005 Oregon State Volleyball Media Guide - Record Book" (PDF). p. 11. Retrieved 2006-06-28.