Civilization Revolution 2
|Civilization Revolution 2|
|Platform(s)||iOS, Android, PlayStation Vita|
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 is a 4X turn-based strategy video game for portable platforms, developed in 2014 by Firaxis Games with Sid Meier as designer. It is a spin-off of the Civilization series and a sequel to Civilization Revolution.
The game features returning leaders from the original Civilization Revolution, such as Abraham Lincoln and Napoleon Bonaparte, along with new leaders such as Winston Churchill and John F. Kennedy. Players are tasked with building an empire from one of several choices, including Japan, America, Russia. Once a player has founded their capital, one may start research and city production. Other civilizations are also on the map, whom the player can discuss world leaders with and trade technologies. There are four ways to win the game: Domination (capture all enemy capitals), Economic (collect 20,000 gold pieces and build the World Bank), Cultural (acquire 20 converted cities, wonders, or great people, then build the United Nations), and Science (be the first to launch a spaceship to Alpha Centauri). Each victory has different ways of achieving it.
A PlayStation Vita version of the game, entitled Civilization Revolution 2 Plus, was announced in October 2015. Adding exclusive scenarios, units and world leaders (including Oda Nobunaga, Heihachiro Togo and Himiko), the game was set for release globally on December 3, 2015. Ultimately it only launched in Asia on that date, whereas the western release was delayed twice before coming out on late March 2016. A physical version, featuring box art designed by Hidari, is available in Asia in both local languages and English. The PS Vita version lacks multiplayer.
The game was moderately received with a score of 66 out of 100 on Metacritic. In comparison to other games released however, this places Civilization Revolution 2 in the bottom quarter of games scored on Metacritic for the iOS platform in 2014.
- "2K - Games - Civilization Revolution 2". Archived from the original on 21 November 2015. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Coming to iOS". IGN.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-03. Retrieved 2014-08-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Civilization Revolution 2 for Android now available for download". Android Community.
- "ターン制ストラテジーゲーム『Civilization』シリーズ最新作『シヴィライゼーション レボリューション2+』がPS Vitaで12月3日発売！". Famitsu.
- "Civilization Revolution 2 Plus comes to PS Vita". PlayStation Blog Europe.
- "Civilization Revolution 2 Plus Comes to PS Vita December 3rd". PlayStation Blog.
- "Civilization Revolution 2 Plus on PS Vita Gets Last-Minute Delay to January 26, 2016". PlayStation LifeStyle.
- ">"Civilization: Revolution 2 Plus PS Vita Release Date Delayed Again". Gamespot.
- "Delayed Civilization Revolution 2 Plus is finally out now on PSVita". Pocket Gamer.
- "シヴィライゼーション レボリューション2+ 日本語版公式サイト". 2K Games.
- "Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+ (Multi Language)". Play-Asia.
- "Civilization Revolution 2 for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- Musgrave, Shaun (July 7, 2014). "'Civilization Revolution 2' Review – The Only Revolutions Here Are Spinning Wheels". TouchArcade. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- "Best iPhone/iPad Video Games for 2014". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 3, 2018.