|Birth name||Cláudia Cristina Leite Inácio|
|Also known as||Claudinha|
July 10, 1980 |
São Gonçalo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 
|Origin||Salvador, Bahia, Brazil|
|Genres||Dance, pop, latin pop|
|Labels||Universal Music (2008–2010)
Sony Music (2010–2012)
Som Livre (2012–2014)
Roc Nation (2014–)
Cláudia Cristina Leite Inácio Pedreira (Brazilian Portuguese: [ˈklawdʒɐ ˈlejtʃi]; born July 10, 1980) known as Claudia Leitte and popular nickname Claudinha, is a Brazilian singer, axé and pop recording artist, and former vocalist of the group Babado Novo, from 2001 to 2008. She is one of the most popular female singers in Brazil and Latin America, having sold over a million records during her solo career and being the recipient for many awards including a Latin Grammy Best Brazilian Contemporary Pop Album nomination for her first solo studio album As Máscaras. On January 2014, it was reported Leitte had been meeting with producers Shea Taylor, Timbaland, Rob Persaud and Mike Will Made It, having signed with Roc Nation management with plans of launching her career overseas. Along with Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez, she recorded "We Are One (Ole Ola)", which served as the official song of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Aside from her musical career, since 2012 she also serves as coach and mentor on the Brazilian version of television show The Voice.
Life and career
||This section is too long to read comfortably, and needs subsections. (July 2014)|
Born in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Claudia came from a very humble family. Within five days of her being born, her family moved to Salvador, Bahia (her mother's hometown). Leitte got her start singing in family occasions, and as a teenager she was hitting bars and festivals in one-time gigs. She later got her entry in the business as a backing vocal for local singer Nando Borges. Before becoming a full-time professional singer, Leitte tried law school, communications and then turned to music at college - dropping out at a later point. She worked in a variety of groups before joining and making a name for herself in Babado Novo, most notably Nata do Samba and Companhia do Pagode.
In November 2001, Leitte was approached to become the vocalist of Salvador-based axé band Babado Novo. Together, the band released five albums through Poly Music and Universal Records, selling over 5 million records and spawning many chart-topping hits. The group's self-titled debut album in 2003, sold over 500,000 copies, and was certified double platinum. The second album, Sem Vergonha, released in 2003, sold over 100,000 copies, having been certified gold while the album named Uau! Babado Novo ao Vivo em Salvador, released in 2004, sold over 365,000 discs, being certified diamond and the fourth record, released in December 2005, named Diário de Claudinha sold over 70,000 copies in its first week of sales. Babado Novo's last album with Claudia was released in December 2006, named Ver-te Mar, it sold over 100,000 copies back then.
As a member of the band and on the verge of her solo career, she was nominated for the 2007 MTV Video Music Brasil. That same year, Claudia also won the Brazilian Best Female Singer award, promoted by GloboRadio, beating Ivete Sangalo, Sandy, Ana Carolina and Maria Rita, and along with Babado Novo, she won the following Carnatal awards: best singer, best group, best bloco, best song (for the song "Exttravasa") and best artist.
In early 2008, Leitte announced that she would be leaving the brand Babado Novo, and becoming a solo act, bringing her bandmates with her. On February 5, 2008, they performed for the last time as members of the group. Leitte kicked off her solo career with a live concert recording in February 17, 2008, at Copacabana Beach with special guests, like Daniela Mercury and Wando, and was watched and acclaimed by a crowd of almost a million people. On July 4, 2008, the register was released as her debut solo album, named Ao Vivo em Copacabana.
In 2008, she signed an endorsement deal with AmBev to be the spokeswoman for Guaraná Antarctica, and later, also for SKY Brasil. Leitte is one of the most followed artists on the web, with over than 17 million fans on social media, ensuring one of the largest artistic fees in the country, charging on average between $450,000 and $600,000 for appearances. Claudia is considered, along with Ivete Sangalo, one of the largest and most powerful Brazilian acts.
She was nominated for a 2010 Latin Grammy Award in the category of Best Brazilian Contemporary Pop Album for her first studio album As Máscaras, but lost to Sérgio Mendes. On December 18 of that year, she charted on Billboard's annual Next Big Sound Music Chart at #6. In September 2011, Leitte sang for the first time at the Rock in Rio music festival stage along with Rihanna, Katy Perry and Elton John. That same month she appeared on Ricky Martin's single "Samba" for the Brazilian release and worldwide re-release of the album Música + Alma + Sexo (2011); She sang at the Miss Universe 2011 pageant and shortly after was invited to be a coach on television show The Voice Brasil, a role she has held for two seasons. Leitte was also featured in a version of "La Luz", the main single for Juanes' sixth album Loco de Amor (2014).
In 2014, Leitte was approached by Pitbull - who she had met a couple times a while before - and FIFA to represent Brazil in the 2014 FIFA World Cup official song, "We Are One (Ole Ola)". Along with Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez, she performed the song onstage at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards and then presented another version of the song along with a version of Ary Barroso's "Aquarela do Brasil" during the opening ceremony of the championship prior to the group A preliminary round match between Brazil and Croatia at the Arena Corinthians on June 12, 2014 in São Paulo, Brazil.
She married businessman and teenage crush Márcio Pedreira on March 7, 2007. Her first child, a boy named Davi Leite Inácio Pedreira, was born on January 20, 2009, in Salvador, Bahia, generating controversy after Leitte got back to work and performed in Carnival only a month after giving birth. Her second child, a son named Rafael, was born on August 15, 2012 via C-section.
|Ao Vivo em Copacabana||
|Axemusic - Ao Vivo||
(feat. Gabriel, o Pensador)
|Ao Vivo em Copacabana|
|Beijar na Boca|
|As Máscaras (Se Deixa Levar)||As Máscaras|
(feat. Travie McCoy)
|Locomotion Batucada||Negalora – Íntimo|
|Dia da Farra e do Beijo||Axemusic - Ao Vivo|
|2012||Bem Vindo Amor||Negalora – Íntimo|
|Largadinho||Axemusic - Ao Vivo|
(feat. Luiz Caldas)
(feat. J. Perry)
|Deusas do Amor
(with Ivete Sangalo)
(with Michel Teló)
As featured artist
Samba Rock Com Dendê - Ju Moraes feat. Claudia Leitte | Em Cada Canto Um Samba - 2014
(Bruno e Marrone feat. Claudia Leitte)
|Bruno e Marrone - Ao Vivo|
(Jammil e uma Noites feat. Claudia Leitte)
|Ao Vivo na Balada|
|2006||Amor de Carnaval
(Orlando Morais feat. Claudia Leitte)
|2007||Um Sonho a Dois
(Roupa Nova feat. Claudia Leitte)
|2009||Sorri, Sou Rei
(Natiruts feat. Claudia Leitte)
|2010||Parente do Avião
(Carlinhos Brown feat. Daniela Mercury, Ivete Sangalo,
Margareth Menezes, Claudia Leitte, Armandinho[disambiguation needed] & Luiz Caldas)
(Carol Celico feat. Claudia Leitte)
(Ricky Martin feat. Claudia Leitte)
|Música + Alma + Sexo|
(Adair Cardoso feat. Claudia Leitte)
|Adair Cardoso - Ao Vivo|
|2014||We Are One (Ole Ola)
(Pitbull feat. Jennifer Lopez & Claudia Leitte)
|Axemusic - Ao Vivo|
(feat. Sérgio Mendes)
|Negalora - Íntimo|
- Exttravasa Tour (2008–2009)
- Beija Eu Tour (2009)
- Sette Tour (2009)
- O Samba Tour (2010)
- Rhytmos Tour (2010)
- Claudia Leitte Tour (2011–12)
- Sambah Tour (2012–13)
- AXEMUSIC Tour (2014)
|2011||Bahêa Minha Vida||Herself||Documentary about Esporte Clube Bahia|
|2011||Cars 2||Carla Veloso||Voice; Brazilian version|
|2007||Estúdio Coca-Cola||Herself||1 episode|
|2008||Família MTV||1 episode|
|2009||Uma Hora de Sucessos||Host||1 episode|
|2011||Miss Universe 2011||Herself||1 episode|
|2012–present||The Voice Brasil||Herself / Judge|
|2014||2014 Billboard Music Awards||Herself||"We Are One (Ole Ola)" performance|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cláudia Leitte.|
- "Claudinha e seus babados". Gazeta do Sul. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Cláudia Leitte". EGO Globo. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Cantor do Rapazolla deve assumir lugar de Claudia Leitte". O Dia. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Axé beleza". ISTOÉ Gente. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Claudia Leitte: a Rainha de Natal". Oba Oba. Archived from the original on December 5, 2007. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Prêmios, música e badalação ao vivo". A Tarde on Line. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Nova parceria? Claudia Leitte posta foto com produtor de ##### #####". Caras. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- "Claudia Leitte fecha contrato com Roc Nation, a gravadora de Jay-Z, afirma colunista". Diário de Pernambuco. Retrieved May 21, 2014.
- Cantor-Navas, Judy (January 23, 2014). "Pitbull's 'We Are One (Ole, Ola)' Featuring Jennifer Lopez, Claudia Leitte Named FIFA'S Official World Cup Song". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Segunda noite do Parafolia é sucesso". Parafolia 2007. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Claudia Leitte conquista o prêmio GloboRádio". Oba Oba. Archived from the original on December 11, 2007. Retrieved January 28, 2008.
- "Claudia Leitte extingue o Babado Novo, batiza a banda com seu nome e grava DVD marco na carreira". O Dia. Retrieved January 28, 2008.[dead link]
- "Claudia Leitte oficializa carreira-solo". Nesse instante. Retrieved January 28, 2008.[dead link]
- "Claudia Leitte faz na BA último show com Babado Novo". CorreioWeb (Correio Braziliense). Retrieved February 6, 2008.
- "Com 700 mil, show de Claudia Leitte é marcado por repetições". Terra. Retrieved February 20, 2008.
- "Claudia Leitte diz que comparação com Ivete é inevitável". Terra. February 2, 2008. Retrieved February 2, 2008.
- "Claudia Leitte vira garota-propaganda de guaraná". Te Contei. Retrieved April 13, 2008.
- "Claudia Leitte, Carlinhos Brown, Daniel e Lulu Santos são os técnicos do The Voice" (in Portuguese). Rede Globo. June 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- Claudia Leitte lança single internacional; vem ouvir “Signs”
- Vaza novo single em inglês de Claudia Leitte, ouça
- Incluindo “Signs”, álbum em inglês da Claudia Leitte será lançado apenas em 2016