Pires in 2009
|Born||Cleo Pires Ayrosa Galvão
October 2, 1982
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
She made her debut as an actress when she participated in the Memorial de Maria Moura mini-series in 1994. It was a quick participation of just one chapter in which the protagonist, Maria Moura, as a young woman, was replaced by her mother, Glória Pires, in the adulthood of the character. After that, he distanced himself from TV and the media, believing that he had no vocation to follow in his mother's footsteps. Cleo says she saw Gloria working day and night without stopping, the press invading her privacy and the phone ringing all the time, and that she did not want it for her future. She still says she just did not stand in the middle before, out of lack of will. Not that he had anything against his career, but it was something he did not think, it was not in his head. A curious fact is that even the film being one of his passions, when asked if he wanted to be an actress, immediately thought of novels and theater, things that had no interest or curiosity.
Until, in 2003, he met Monique Gardenberg in a bathroom, and was invited to star in the movie Benjamin. Cleo says that she is surprised by such trust placed in her and that she has therefore accepted the invitation. After much training and many rehearsals, since he had never made movies before, he filmed the film, whose script was based on the eponymous book by Chico Buarque. As soon as he finished the work and saw the result, he fell in love with the profession and decided that it was what he wanted. Even though she never did an acting course, for her performance, she received praise and competed for several awards in the category of Best Actress, winning the Rio Festival.
In 2004, she was invited to star in the remake of the novel Cabocla, in the role that was interpreted by her mother, in the version of 1979. To avoid comparisons, and, believing that it would be too much responsibility to star in a novel and did not have enough preparation, the invitation, being replaced by the actress Vanessa Giácomo, who got the better after a battery of tests.
He shot to fame as one of the great revelations of the national drama, in interpreting the sexy Lurdinha novel América, Globo in 2005, becoming a sex symbol. That same year, was chosen, in a poll promoted by Istoé Gente magazine, the sexiest woman in the country. According to Cleo, just accepted the invitation to make the novel by knowing as much work as the author of its director, and, therefore, believe that it would be a good experience for your life. Also in 2005, attended the special program of the final year of the globe, in interpreting Cleopatra in the children's special, Clara e o Chuveiro do Tempo. I would also do a part in the special edition of the humorous Casseta & Planeta, Urgente! of end of year, however, due to health problems, was replaced by the singer Wanessa Camargo. In 2006, he played the rebel Letícia in Cobras & Lagartos.
For the paid channel Telecine Premium, hosted the Cineview, program that showed the news of the world of the cinema . After a reformulation, the attraction was called Moviebox, with a presentation by Daniel de Oliveira. In that same period, after almost two years of negotiations, it accepted to be cover of the magazine Nova, where posed wearing only collars and a panties, lavishing style and sensuality.
In 2008, she co-starred in the remake of Ciranda de Pedra, in which she lived the young teacher Margarida, a shy girl, who falls in love with the beautiful and honest engineer Eduardo. In 2009, she joined the cast of the soap opera Caminho das Índias, in which she played the Indian Surya, her first villain. Also in that year, after the resignation of the actress Juliana Paes in acting in the long one The Expendables, of Sylvester Stallone, Cleo was chosen to replace it. However, due to the novel by Glória Perez , his participation in the film could not be fulfilled. The role ended up with the actress Giselle Itié. Again, she was named one of the 25 sexiest women in the country, by Istoé Gente magazine .
Still in 2008, he recorded the film My Name Is Not Johnny and the following year recorded the film that tells the life story of Brazilian President Luís Inácio Lula da Silva , Lula, the Son of Brazil , playing Lula's first wife, Maria Lurdes.
In August 2010 was the cover of the Brazilian edition of Playboy magazine, in a special edition with 50 pages commemorating the 35 years of the magazine. In 2010/2011 she played India Estela, the protagonist of the telenovel Araguaia. The following year he starred in the episode " The Angel of Alagoas ", from the series As Brasileiras , directed by Daniel Filho. Cleo played Ana Terra in young stage of the film O Tempo e o Vento, a character who was his mother in miniseries of the same name in 1985.
Between 2012 and 2013, she played cosmopolitan Bianca in Salve Jorge. In 2014, back to TV, playing the fragile Katya, Alexander's wife (Alejandro Claveaux), who has an affair with the brother-André (Cauã Reymond) in O Caçador. In 2016, he participates in Haja Coração as Tamara , a romantic couple of Apollo Malvino Salvador. She can also be seen as Sabrina in Supermax, again working with Mariana Ximenes. In 2017, changes his stage name, adopting only Cleo. On September 01, 2017, Cléo participates in the new music video of the singer sertanejo Gusttavo Lima titled "Eu Vou Te Buscar" that in addition to bringing his participation, the rapper Hungary Hip Hop also participates in Pirenópolis, Goiás local of the recording of the video.
|2003||Benjamim||Ariela Masé / Castana Beatriz|
|2008||Meu Nome Não É Johnny||Sofia|
|2009||Lula, o filho do Brasil||Lourdes|
|2011||Qualquer Gato Vira-Lata||Tatiana / Linda|
|2013||Time and the Wind||Ana Terra|
|2014||Rio, I Love You||Clara||segment "Inútil Paisagem"|
|2016||Mais Forte que o Mundo||Viviane|
|1994||Memorial de Maria Moura||Maria Moura (young Helena)|
|2005||América||Lurdinha||Won—Melhores do Ano for Best Female Revelation
Won—Meus Prêmios Nick for actress of the year.
|2005||Clara e o Chuveiro do Tempo||Cleópatra|
|2006||Cobras & Lagartos||Letícia Pacheco||Won—Prêmio Contigo! do TV for Best Female Revelation
Won—Melhores de Ano awards for Best supporting actress
Won—Meus Prêmio Nick for Actress of the year
|2008||Episódio Especial||as Herself|
|2009||Caminho das Indias||Surya Ananda|
|2010||Araguaia||Estela Rangel (Estrela Karuê)||Nominated—Prêmio,Extra de Televisâo for Best Lead Actress|
Extended Play (EP)
- 2018: Jungle Kid
Awards and nominations
|Awards and nominations|
|2003||Festival do Rio||Best Actress||Benjamim||Won|||
|2005||Prêmio ACIE de Cinema||Nominated|||
|Grande Prêmio do Cinema Brasileiro||Nominated|||
|Melhores do Ano||Best Outstanding Actress||América||Won|||
|Prêmio Extra de Televisão||Best Outstanding Actress||Won|||
|Meus Prêmios Nick||Beautiful of the year||Won|||
|2006||Prêmio Contigo! de TV||Best Outstanding Actress||Won|||
|Melhores do Ano||Best Supporting Actress||Cobras & Lagartos||Won|||
|Meus Prêmios Nick||Beautiful of the year||Won|||
|2007||9ª Prêmio Contigo! de TV||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|||
|Best Romantic Couple (with Carmo Dalla Vecchia)||Nominated|
|2008||Prêmio Qualidade Brasil||Best Actress||Meu Nome Não é Johnny||Nominated|||
|Prêmio Contigo! de Cinema Nacional||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|||
|2009||Prêmio Extra de Televisão||Caminho das Índias||Nominated|||
|2010||12ª Prêmio Contigo! de TV||Nominated|||
|2011||Prêmio Extra de Televisão||Best Actress||Araguaia||Nominated|||
|Prêmio Qualidade Brasil||Nominated|||
|2013||15ª Prêmio Contigo! de TV||Best Actress in a Series or Miniseries||As Brasileiras||Nominated|||
|2014||16ª Prêmio Contigo! de TV||O Caçador||Nominated|||
|2015||Troféu AIB de Imprensa||Actress||Operações Especiais||Won|||
- "Cleo Pires" (in Portuguese). e-Pipoca. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- Entrevista: Cleo Pires
- Entrevista com Cleo Pires
- Bate-Papo com Cleo Pires
- Cleo Pires é eleita a mulher mais sexy do Brasil
- Cleo Pires deve deixar hospital após internação por meningite.
- Cleo Pires, sexy: “Decidi que queria me transformar em uma deusa!”
- Cleo Pires está fora do filme de Stallone
- Quase lá! Cleo Pires sai na frente para conseguir papel em filme de Stallone
- "Quando o Stallone disse que a dublê faria a cena de tortura, eu quase chorei", diz Giselle Itié sobre "Os Mercenários"
- "Foi bom ficar mais solta", diz Cleo Pires sobre novo filme
- Cleo Pires filma cenas tensas em "Lula, o Filho do Brasil"
- Clarissa Frajdenrajch (26 September 2010). "Protagonista em 'Araguaia', Cleo Pires diz que está em paz com o que pensam a seu respeito". O Globo. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "As Brasileiras >> Ana, o anjo de Alagoas". Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Anna Luiza Santiago (23 April 2012). "Cleo Pires filma 'O tempo e o vento' no sul do país. Veja fotos". O Globo. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- 'Bianca tem muito de mim', diz Cleo Pires sobre sua personagem em 'Salve Jorge'
- "Cleo Pires e Domingos Montagner são a cosmopolita Bianca e o tradicional Zyah". Visto Livre Magazine (in Portuguese). Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Par de Cauã Reymond, Cleo Pires promete: 'Vai ser bem excitante'". Extras - O Caçador (in Portuguese). Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Cleo Pires e Mariana Ximenes serão rivais em 'Haja Coração' e 'SuperMax'" (in Portuguese).
- "Cleo Pires e Mariana Ximenes estrelam 'Supermax', nova série da Globo. Veja teaser!". tv.
- "Cleo deixa de seguir a mãe e o padrasto no Instagram". Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Melhores do Ano: Confira todos os vencedores das 14 edições do" (in Portuguese). Gshow. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Conheça os favoritos do Meus Prêmios Nick 2005" (in Portuguese). Meus. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "8º Prêmio Contigo! - Vencedores". Abril. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- "Confira todos os vencedores das 14 edições do prêmio" (in Portuguese). Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Os vencedores do Meus Prêmios Nick" (in Portuguese). Canal Especiales. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Redação Extra Online (November 29, 2011). "Prêmio Extra de TV: Andrea Beltrão é a melhor atriz" (in Portuguese). Extra Online. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- "Cleo Pires volta as novelas como Caminhonera" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Cleo Pires aponta semelhança com personagem em ' Haja Coração'". Pure People (in Portuguese). Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Atriz por acaso, Cleo Pires brilha em "Benjamin"". Cultura Estadão. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Edições Anteriores - Prêmio ACIE de Cinema". 2005. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "'Cazuza' lidera indicações ao Grande Prêmio TAM de Cinema". Gazeta News. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Melhores do Ano: Confira todos os vencedores das 14 edições do prêmio
- "Ganhadores do Prêmio Extra de TV 2005". Jornal Extra. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Conheça os favoritos do Meus Prêmios Nick 2005
- "8º Prêmio Contigo! - Vencedores". Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Melhores do Ano: Confira todos os vencedores das 14 edições do prêmio
- Os vencedores do Meus Prêmios Nick 2006
- "Veja a lista dos finalistas do Prêmio Contigo!". Jornal O Globo. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Categoria Cinema - 2008 - Prêmio Arte Qualidade Brasil". Prêmio Qualidade Brasil. 2008. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Cleo e Glória Pires disputam prêmio no Rio". Terra. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Confira a lista de finalistas do Prêmio Extra de Televisão 2009". Virgula Uol. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Conheça os finalistas – 12º Prêmio Contigo! de TV". Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Redação Extra Online. "Prêmio Extra de TV: Andrea Beltrão é a melhor atriz". Extra Online. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Categoria Televisão - 2011 - Prêmio Arte Qualidade Brasil". Prêmio Qualidade Brasil. 2011. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- ""Avenida Brasil" é a grande vencedora do Prêmio Contigo!". Uol. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Conheça os finalistas do 16° Prêmio CONTIGO! de TV". M de Mulher. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "ABI recebe homenagem: "Destaque Especial de 2015"". ABI. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cléo Pires.|