Press photo for Folketeatret's production of Ondskaben in 2015
|Born||28 April 1967|
Lis Louis-Jensen (m. 2010)
Claes Bang (born 28 April 1967) is a Danish actor and musician. He graduated from the Danish National School of Theatre in 1996 and has worked mainly on stage and in television in Denmark. Since 2002 he has performed a monologue based on Jan Guillou's novel Evil more than 300 times, including an English-language version at St. James Theatre in London in 2015.
He played the leading role of the art museum curator Christian in Ruben Östlund's 2017 film The Square, which won the Palme d'Or at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival. He also won the European Film Award for Best Actor, being the first Dane to do so.
As a side project, he makes music under the moniker This Is Not America.
- "Claes Bang in The Square". Danish Film Institute. 2017-05-11. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- Mitchell, Wendy (2017-05-23). "Cannes Interview: 'The Square' actor Claes Bang". Screen Daily. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- /ritzau/ (9 December 2017). "Claes Bang Wins Europe's Version of the Oscars' "Best Actor Award"". B.dk (in Danish). Berlingske. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Grube, Lisbeth (2010-10-02). "Claes Bang blev viet til vands". Billed Bladet (in Danish). Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "No One - This Is Not America | Musik | DR". DR. Retrieved 2017-05-29.