|Founded||1977Los Alamitos, Californiain|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Tilman J. Fertitta (President, CEO, and owner) Michael Kelly[disambiguation needed] (Franchise Partner)|
|Parent||Kelly Restaurant Group|
Restaurateur Craig Nickoloff opened the first Claim Jumper in Los Alamitos, California, on September 27, 1977. The original restaurant had a large menu and an atmosphere inspired by California's Gold Rush of 1849.
Acquisition by Landry’s, Inc.
In September 2010, the chain filed for bankruptcy and was slated to be auctioned off. In October 2010, Landry's, Inc. acquired Claim Jumper, with a bid of $76.6 million. Landry's President/CEO Tilman J. Fertitta relocated the company's headquarters from Irvine, California, to Landry's corporate headquarters in the Uptown area of Houston.
- "O.C. History Roundup: Claim Jumper, Los Alamitos, 1977". Ochistorical.blogspot.com. October 12, 2010. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Aamodt, M.G. (2015). Industrial/Organizational Psychology: An Applied Approach. Cengage Learning. p. 478. ISBN 978-1-305-46528-2. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- McCarty, Dawn (September 10, 2010). "Claim Jumper Restaurants Files for Bankruptcy With Plan to Sell Business". Bloomberg. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Claim Jumper Chapter 11 Petition" (PDF). PacerMonitor. PacerMonitor. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- Thorn, Bret (October 30, 2010). "Landry's to acquire Claim Jumper | Archive content from Nation's Restaurant News". Nrn.com. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Claim Jumper moves headquarters to Texas". The Orange County Register. February 25, 2011. Retrieved November 17, 2019.