|Born||Claire Bernice Davenport
24 April 1933
Sale, Cheshire, England, UK
|Died||25 February 2002
London, England, UK
|Years active||1961 - 1994|
Claire Davenport (24 April 1933 – 4 March 2002) was an English actress well known for her "junoesque" form and who was often cast in character roles which highlighted her large physique.
Life and career
Her film work includes roles in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (as the Yarna d'al' Gargan, originally billed as Fat Dancer), The Return of the Pink Panther, Adventures of a Plumber's Mate, Carry On Emmannuelle, The Tempest, and The Elephant Man. On television she appeared in Remington Steele, Doctor Who, Minder, George and Mildred, Robin's Nest, Fawlty Towers and at least three episodes of On The Buses among others. She also made a cameo appearance in an episode of Mind Your Language. Among the last of her television appearances was a 1993 episode of The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer.
She suffered a series of strokes in the 1990s, which stopped her working. Claire Davenport died in London on 25 February 2002 (not 4 March as often stated), aged 68, from renal failure.
- Crossplot (1969)
- Some Will, Some Won't (1970)
- On the Buses (1971)
- The Best Pair of Legs in the Business (1973)
- The Return of the Pink Panther (1975)
- The Bawdy Adventures of Tom Jones (1976)
- Intimate Games (1976)
- Rosie Dixon - Night Nurse (1978)
- Adventures of a Plumber's Mate (1978)
- Carry On Emmannuelle (1978)
- Jubilee (1978)
- Birth of the Beatles (1979)
- The Tempest (1979)
- The Elephant Man (1980)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Screamtime (1983)
- War Requiem (1989)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2011)|
- Noble, Peter, ed. (1982). 1982 Screen International Film And TV Year Book. London: King Publications.
- Claire Davenport at the Internet Movie Database
- "Claire Davenport". Find a Grave. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- Davenport Profile on Avelyman.com
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|