Life and career
Dederer grew up in Seattle, where she was born in 1967. She was a film critic at the Seattle Weekly before turning to freelance journalism. She has taught writing at her alma mater ('93), the University of Washington and lives with her family on Bainbridge Island.
- "A Cynical Position Overcome With Yoga", Janet Maslin, The New York Times, December 22, 2010.
- "Chasing Virtue", Dani Shapiro, The New York Times, December 24, 2010.
- Hardcover Nonfiction, The New York Times, February 6, 2011.
- "Specimens of Suburbia", Claire Dederer, The New York Times", December 28, 2003.
- "Fiction: The War at Home", Claire Dederer, The New York Times, November 7, 2004.
- Claire Dederer's articles on Slate.com, accessed September 9, 2014.
- Claire Dederer at The Atlantic, accessed September 9, 2014.
- "Seattle Weekly news". Seattle Weekly.
- "A Newsletter of the Comparative History of Ideas Program, University of Washington" (PDF). University of Washington. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-10-16.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|