|Born||31 January 1989|
|Curling club||Applegarth & Sibbaldie CC, |
|3 (2011, 2012, 2013)|
|3 (2011, 2012, 2013)|
|Grand Slam victories||2: Players' (2013), Autumn Gold (2013)|
Claire Hamilton (born 31 January 1989) is a Scottish curler. She formerly played lead for the rink skipped by Eve Muirhead. Representing Scotland, they were the 2013 World Champions and representing Team GB, they were the 2014 Olympic bronze medallists.
Hamilton was born in Lockerbie, Scotland and was educated at Lockerbie Academy and the University of Strathclyde, where she studied pharmacy. She was a member of the Anna Sloan rink that won a gold medal for Great Britain at the 2011 Winter Universiade, playing as the team's alternate. In March 2011, she played third for Sloan at the 2011 World Championships, along with Vicki Adams, Rhiann MacLeod and Eve Muirhead as alternate. They finished 9th.
Sloan joined forces with Muirhead after that season, with Hamilton becoming the team's lead and Adams playing in second position. They had quick success, winning the gold medal at the 2011 European Curling Championships in Moscow. However, they were not as successful at the 2012 World Championships, placing 6th.
Team Muirhead won gold medals at the 2013 World Curling Championships in Riga, Latvia, with Lauren Gray as alternate. Representing Great Britain, they won a bronze medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
In May 2014 Hamilton announced that she was leaving Eve Murihead's rink. Shortly afterwards she took up cycling, and took a silver medal in the individual pursuit at the Scottish National Track Championships in October 2014.
- "Claire Hamilton - Women's Team - Team GB Athlete Profile". Team GB. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Claire Hamilton". Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Missing or empty
- "Women's Curling seal first ever GB Universiade Curling Gold". British Universities and Colleges Sport. 7 February 2011. Archived from the original on 20 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- Williams, Ollie (20 February 2014). "Britain's women win curling bronze to equal Team GB record". Sport Winter Olympics. BBC. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Curling: Claire Hamilton to leave Eve Muirhead's rink". bbc.co.uk. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Ferrie, Kevin (22 October 2014). "On track or ice, Claire Hamilton has the right formula . . ". HeraldScotland.com. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- This article has no properties for sports databases in Wikidata