Claire Williams (motorsport)
21 July 1976 |
Windsor, Berkshire , England, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Deputy Team Principal|
Claire Williams was born in 1976 in Windsor, Berkshire. She is the daughter of Sir Frank Williams and the late Lady Virginia Williams. Claire Williams graduated from Newcastle University in 1999 with a degree in Politics.
After graduation, Claire Williams became a press officer for the Silverstone racing circuit. In 2002, she joined the Williams F1 team as a communications officer. In 2010 she became the head of communications for the team. In 2011, she was promoted to director of marketing and communications for Williams. When Frank Williams stepped down from the Williams board in March 2012, Claire became the Williams family representative on the board. In March 2013, she was appointed deputy team principal of the Williams F1 racing team. In this role she retains responsibility for marketing, communications and the commercial aspects of the team's business.
- Williams F1 (2013). "Our People Claire Williams". Williams F1. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Charlie Cooper (20 April 2013). "My Secret Life: Claire Williams, 36, Williams F1 Deputy Team Principal". The Independent. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Andrew Benson (2 March 2012). "Sir Frank Williams steps down from the Williams team board". BBC Sport. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- Ian Parkes (27 March 2013). "Frank Williams promotes daughter Claire to deputy team principal at F1 team". The Independent. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Andrew Benson (28 March 2013). "Williams names daughter Claire deputy team principal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- formula1.com (17 May 2013). "Claire Williams Q & A:I won't give up until we're back". formula1.com. Retrieved 3 June 2013.