Clairmont, New Mexico
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC)|
As early as 1822 the site is reported to have been a mining camp, surviving through the 1880s as a supply center for prospectors. Located near Copper Creek, today there are old log cabins and a corral on the site. In 1883 the town had a post office. Clairmont is noted by historians as having been a significant mining community.
- (nd) Glenwood Archived 2007-06-21 at the Wayback Machine.. New Mexico Magazine. Retrieved 6/13/07.
- (nd) Clairmont. GhostTowns.com. Retrieved 6/13/07.
- U.S. Postal History continued... Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine. Siegal Auctions. Retrieved 6/13/07.
- (nd) History of Socorro County. USGenWeb. Retrieved 6/13/07.
- Photo of cabin at Clairmont
|This New Mexico state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|