|Position:||Tight ends coach|
|Born:||July 26, 1963|
San Andreas, California
|Career highlights and awards|
Barone coached as the offensive line coach for the Denver Broncos in 2010, as well as from 2015–2016. As the Offensive Line Coach for the Denver Broncos, his offensive line paved the way to victory in Super Bowl 50 over the Carolina Panthers. He also served as the Broncos' tight ends coach in 2009, as well as the 2011–2014 seasons, which includes their Offensive record breaking season of 2013 and an appearance in Super Bowl XLVIII. He has also served as offensive line and tight ends coach for the Atlanta Falcons, as well as tight ends coach for the San Diego Chargers. Barone worked with All-Pro players Alge Crumpler (Falcons) and Antonio Gates (Chargers), and Julius Thomas (Broncos) all of whom made multiple Pro Bowl appearances under his guidance. Kyle Rudolph (Vikings) also was selected to the Pro Bowl after the 2017 season. This feat marked the first time in NFL history that a Tight Ends coach had four players selected to Pro Bowls with four teams. In addition, Barone also coached multiple Pro Bowl caliber players as the Offensive Line coach for the Denver Broncos, including; Ryan Clady, Zane Beadles, Louis Vasquez, Matt Paradis and Evan Mathis. Barone coached teams that led the NFL in rushing four times. Along with that the 2015 Broncos rushing attack was hampered by multiple injuries in the early part of the season but rebounded to lead the NFL in rushing from week 6 thru the end of the season. The 2016 season saw the Broncos again dominate the NFL in rushing for the first part of the season before injuries forced three running backs onto the injured reserved list.
Prior to coaching the Falcons, Barone had coached offensive lines at seven colleges for 17 years.
After Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak stepped down in January 2017, Barone was not retained by new head coach, Vance Joseph. Barone was hired that same month to serve as the tight ends coach for the Minnesota Vikings. In 2018, following the sudden death of offensive line coach Tony Sparano, Barone was moved to Offensive Line coach.
Barone has three children: Gianna, Stefano, and Isabella.
- "5 Things to Know about Vikings TEs Coach Clancy Barone". Archived from the original on November 7, 2017. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "Vikings shed OC Pat Shurmur's interim tag, hire 2 assistants". January 20, 2017. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Biggs, Brad (January 9, 2020). "Bears hire veteran assistant Clancy Barone as tight ends coach". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved January 9, 2020.
- Vikings PR [@VikingsPR] (January 20, 2017). "#Vikings add Clancy Barone as TEs coach and Kennedy Polamalu as RBs coach" (Tweet) – via Twitter. /photo/1