Clapham Common tube station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Location of Clapham Common in Greater London
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|1900||Opened as terminus (C&SLR)|
|1926||Became through station|
|Added to list||27 March 1981|
|Lists of stations|
Clapham Common is a London Underground station in Clapham within the London Borough of Lambeth. It is on the Northern line, between Clapham North and Clapham South stations, and is in Travelcard Zone 2.
|This section relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (March 2015)|
The station is at the eastern tip of Clapham Common and was opened in June 1900 as the new southern terminus of the City & South London Railway, which was extended from Stockwell. It remained the terminus until the Morden extension was opened in 1926.
The station today
|This section does not cite any sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The station has two entrances, one at the west via a domed building dating from the 1920s, and one at the east via a modern curved-steel and glass pavilion.
Clapham Common is one of eight London Underground stations that have a deep-level air-raid shelter underneath them. Both entrances to the shelter are north of the station on Clapham High Street.
Services and connections
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. April 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- Historic England. "Entrance Building to Clapham Common Tube Station (1065005)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Transport for London (January 2016). Standard Tube Map (PDF) (Map). Not to scale. Transport for London. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 January 2015.
- "Northern line timetable: From Clapham Common Underground Station to Clapham North Underground Station". Transport for London. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Northern line timetable: From Clapham Common Underground Station to Clapham South Underground Station". Transport for London. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Buses from Clapham Common" (PDF). Transport for London. July 2014. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Clapham Common Underground Station - Bus
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clapham Common tube station.|
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive Station in 1925
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|