This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nickname:||None. Formerly The Moat Hurlers|
|Colours:||Maroon and White|
|Grounds:||Clara, County Kilkenny|
|Senior Club Championships|
Clara GAA (Irish: CLG Chláraigh) is a Gaelic Athletic Association club situated in the small parish of Clara in County Kilkenny, Ireland. Focused mainly on hurling and camogie, the dominant sports in the county, Clara's greatest achievements to date are victories in the Kilkenny Senior Hurling Championship in 1986 2013, and in 2015 they secured their third title.
Despite limited success at county level, Clara has produced several hurlers who have gone on to enjoy inter-county success with Kilkenny. Jim Langton was born in the area, a winner of All-Ireland medals in 1939 and 1947, and a place on the GAA Hurling Team of the Century chosen in 1984. More recently, Paddy Prendergast was a fixture in the Cats' defence in the 1970s and 1980s, winning three All-Ireland medals and three National Hurling League Medals. Harry Ryan played in the Kilkenny forward line in the 1980s, winning an All-Ireland medal in 1983. Lester Ryan is another all-Ireland winner, nephew of his namesake Lester Ryan who played with the Cats in the 1980s. Lester Ryan had the great honour of Captaining Kilkenny to All-Ireland Success in 2015, making one of the best acceptance speeches (totally in Irish) ever heard in Croke Park. Shane Prendergast (son of Paddy Prendergast) was the captain of the Kilkenny Senior Team in 2016.
Clara is the only team in the county to have players chosen on both the hurling and camogie teams of the century - the aforementioned Jim Langton, and Liz Neary who won seven All-Ireland camogie titles with Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny Senior Hurling Championships: 3
- Kilkenny Senior Hurling League
- All-Ireland Intermediate Club Hurling Championships: 1
- Leinster Intermediate Club Hurling Championships: 1
- Kilkenny Intermediate Hurling Championships: 4
- 1981, 1998, 2007, 2012
- Kilkenny Junior Hurling Championships: 2
- 1969, 1977
- Kilkenny Minor Hurling Championships: 1
- Kilkenny Under-21 Hurling Championships: 3
- 1967, 1979, 1984
- Leinster div.4 club leagues: 1
- leinster div.1 club leagues: 1
- Jim Langton
- Liz Neary
- Paddy Prendergast
- Harry Ryan
- Lester Ryan
- Lester Ryan, Jnr.
- Shane Prendergast
- James 'Bazza' Barry
- "Clara pull off seismic shock". Irish Examiner. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Clara crown senior return with league win". Irish Examiner. 2013-09-16. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "All-Ireland club IHC final: Clara have too much for St Gabriels". Hogan Stand. 10 February 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "Clara cruise as Murphy strikes". Irish Examiner. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.