This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of the Scottish Parliament |
for Motherwell and Wishaw
Central Scotland (2011−2016)
|Assumed office |
6 May 2011
|Preceded by||John Pentland (in constituency)|
|Born||1 August 1967|
Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
|Political party||Scottish National Party|
Clare Anne Adamson (born 1 August 1967) is a Scottish politician, who is the Scottish National Party (SNP) Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) for the Motherwell and Wishaw constituency since 2016, having previously represented the Central Scotland region 2011−2016. Adamson is Convenor of the Social Security Committee at the Scottish Parliament. She is also Convenor of the Cross-Party-Group on Accident Prevention and Safety Awareness and the Cross-Party-Group on Science and Technology.
Clare (née Pickering) was born in Motherwell to Eileen and George Pickering. She studied Computer Information Systems at Glasgow Caledonian University, graduating with the degree of BSc (with distinction). She belongs to the National Union of Journalists and is a Fellow of the British Computer Society.
Prior to entering public life, Adamson worked for four years at the SNP HQ Campaign Unit as Project Manager of the Party’s 'Activate Project'. Previously she was European Development Manager (IT) at a Glasgow-based software house.
Adamson was selected to stand for election to North Lanarkshire Council in 2003 and contested Lanark & Hamilton East for the SNP at the 2010 UK General Election. Subsequently she was elected as MSP for the SNP and serves in the Scottish Parliament on the Education & Culture and Equal Opportunities Committees.
Since she was returned as a Member of the Scottish Parliament Adamson has continued to be actively involved with the Scottish Accident Prevention Council (as Vice Chairman) and the Lanarkshire International Children's Games Organising Committee.
- "Wishaw - News, views, gossip, pictures, video - Daily Record". Wishawpress.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- Who's who (Online ed.). Oxford University Press. 2017.
- [dead link]
- "Democracy Live | Your representatives | Clare Adamson". BBC News. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "Default Parallels Plesk Panel Page". Sapc.org.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) (www.scottish.parliament.uk)
- Clare Adamson's Party Website
- Lanarkshire International Children's Games 2011
- Scottish Accident Prevention Council
- STV 2010 General Election profile
- Wishaw Press councillors' expenses review 2008-2009
- Wishaw Press councillors' expenses review 2009-2010
- STV Local