|Partner(s)||Larry Lamb (1996–2016)|
Burt is a member of the National Theatre company and has played in many productions, including: London Road, The Miracle, and as Mrs. Milcote in the 2006 production of Helen Edmundson's Coram Boy. Her other productions include: Vernon God Little, Closer Than Ever, Company, Into the Woods, Nine, Spread a Little Happiness, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and Pal Joey.
Her West End roles include Grizabella in Cats (New London Theatre), Rose Vibert in Aspects of Love (Prince of Wales Theatre), Celeste in Sunday in the Park with George (Royal National Theatre), Fosca in Passion (Bridewell) and two new musicals by Howard Goodall: The Hired Man (London Astoria) and Girlfriends (Playhouse Theatre).
Burt's filmography includes:
- Holby City (television series, 2004)
- The Bill (television series, 1989–2005)
- The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey (film, 2007)
- Criminal Justice (television mini-series, 2008)
- Broken (2012)
- The Salisbury Poisonings (2020)
- Holden, Stephen (11 March 2010). "Her Two Faces: Belter and Crooner". The New York Times. Retrieved 29 September 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sylvia Young Theatre School (Ex-students)". Sylvia Young Theatre School. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Clare Burt". National Theatre. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Sinclair, Tracey (8 February 2011). "Exeunt: Vernon God Little". Exeunt Magazine. Retrieved 29 September 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Meet the cast of The Salisbury Poisonings". Radio Times. Retrieved 14 June 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)