|Clare Nasir Hawkins|
|Born||Clarissa Faye Nasir
20 June 1970
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
|Residence||Wilmslow, Cheshire, England|
|Education||University of Plymouth, B.S., M.S.
Open University (diploma in International Environmental Policy, 2011)
|Occupation||meteorologist, weather forecaster, writer, TV presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Chris Hawkins (2005–present)|
Clarissa Faye "Clare" Nasir (born 20 June 1970) is a British meteorologist and TV presenter.
Born in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, her family is musical, with Nasir playing the saxophone, while three of her brothers are professional musicians. Nasir attended Kingsbrook School in South Northamptonshire, where in 1988 she obtained A-levels in Mathematics, Geography and History. She then studied at the University of Plymouth, graduating with an honours degree in Mathematics, continuing on with her master's degree in Applied Marine Sciences.
Two years later, Nasir joined the Met Office's London Weather Centre, offering weather forecasting and presenting services to London radio stations and media outlets. Subsequently, she took a position as forecaster and presenter for Anglia Television in 1997. She returned to London to work for Carlton Television in 1998.
In 2001 Nasir was made weather producer and presenter being responsible for all weather output and weather-related features on GMTV. GMTV forecasts include outside broadcasts, the most famous of which involves Nasir reporting from Bridlington seafront. Being lashed by wind and rain, in the middle of the report an enormous wave burst over the harbour wall, completely covering her and sending her flying out of shot. Undeterred, she picked herself up and finished her report, having to speak directly into the boom microphone as she had lost her microphone pack.
As well as presenting the weather on GMTV, Nasir has hosted several series, including "Interactive Wedding", the travel series "Great Escapes", and "Extreme Weather", wherein she investigated globally changing weather patterns.
In 2007 she served as one of many panelists on Through the Keyhole.
On 1 August 2010, the Daily Mirror announced Clare is to quit GMTV prior to the following month, to launch a fitness DVD. On 3 September 2010, on the final broadcast of GMTV, Clare presented her last weather forecast.
As of 4 October 2013, Clare has presented weather forecasts for the BBC North West produced regional news programme BBC North West Tonight as well as Look North for Yorkshire and Look North for Lincolnshire and Yorkshire
Since 2016, Nasir has hosted the weather bulletins for the Met Office online. Nasir has also written a series of children's books including Colin The Cloud.
On the 31st October 2016, Nasir joined as full time weather forecaster for 5 News on Channel 5
|1996–1998||ITV News Anglia (ITV Anglia)||Weather Presenter|
|2000–10||GMTV (ITV Breakfast)||Weather Presenter/Producer|
|2007||Through the Keyhole (BBC Two)||Panelist|
|2010–13||ITV News London (ITV London)||Weather Presenter|
|2012||Live with... (Channel 5)||Herself|
|2012-15, 2016-present||5 News (Channel 5)||Weather Presenter|
|2013||Fierce Earth (CBBC)||Presenter|
|2013–2016||North West Tonight (BBC North West)||Weather Presenter|
|2014–||BBC Look North (North West Tonight, Look North Yorks, Look North Lincolnshire)||Weather Presenter|
Nasir has been married to DJ Chris Hawkins since March 2005. She gave birth to a baby girl, Sienna, on 11 November 2009, seven weeks early. Clare took maternity leave from GMTV for 5 months from October 2009 to February 2010.
After being 'caught' by the paparazzi exercising in a London park in a green bikini, she released her fitness DVD "Clare Nasir's Boot Camp" in December 2010. She was then caught by paparazzi again exercising on the beach whilst looking very slim, just as the DVD hit the shelves.
- Clare Nasir Biography GMTV (archived 2007)
- "Profile: Clare Nasir", Nikki Johnceline Publicity
- "Profile: Clare Nasir", The Huffington Post (UK)
- Cf. GMTV biography
- GMTV weathergirl Clare Nasir quits show for fitness DVD Mirror, 1 August 2010
- "Live With ...", Channel 5, 24 February 2012
- "Clare Nasir of GMTV and Radio Presenter Chris Hawkins in OK Magazine March 2005", Hayley J Couture Wedding Gowns and Bridal wear website
- Thompson, Jody, "GMTV weathergirl Clare Nasir gives birth to eagerly-anticipated baby girl", The Mirror, 12 November 2009
- "DJ’s dash to see birth of daughter", Shropshire Star, Saturday 14 November 2009
- Clare Nasir's Boot Camp (DVD) – Amazon.co.uk
- "Is that REALLY you, Clare? GMTV presenter unveils extraordinary new figure on cover of fitness DVD", Daily Mail, 22 December 2010
- "Clare Nasir puts 'lime green blob' memories behind her as she showcases her slimline figure in a gold bikini", Daily Mail, 11 January 2011
- Slade, Jane, "Weather girl tunes in to better life in the north", Daily Express, Property, 29 February 2012