Bolton, Greater Manchester, England.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015)|
Early life and education
At age 19 Pollard published her first poetry collection, The Heavy-Petting Zoo (Bloodaxe Books Ltd. (1997))  In 2000, Pollard won a Society of Authors Eric Gregory Award. In 2004, her play The Weather was performed at the Royal Court Theatre. In 2007, My Male Muse, a radio documentary was broadcast on BBC Radio 4. In 2009, Pollard and James Byrne edited the Bloodaxe young poets showcase titled Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century. Pollard has been a Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow at Essex University. In 2013, she was the judge for the inaugural international Hippocrates Prize for Young Poets.
- The Heavy Petting Zoo (1998).
- Bedtime (2002).
- Look, Clare! Look! (2005).
- Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century (2009).
- Changling (2011).
- Ovid's Heroines (2013).
- Clare Pollard. Poetry International Web.
- Sears J. The Heavy-Petting Zoo by Clare Pollard. Pop Matters
- The Weather bear hug Royal Court London. The Independent. Accessed 20 September 2015.
- Staff Fleet Architects. Accessed 20 September 2015.
- Crown S. Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century. The Guardian Accessed 20 September 2015.
- British Council for Literature - Clare Pollard Contemporarywriters.com Accessed 20 September 2015.
- Pollard, C. The Heavy Petting Zoo. Bloodaxe Books, Hexam, England 1998. ISBN 978-1852244811.
- Pollard, C. Bedtime. Bloodaxe Books, Hexam, England, 2002 ISBN 978-1852245931.
- Pollard, C. Look, Clare!, Look! Bloodaxe Books, Hexam, England, 2005. ISBN 978-1852247096.
- Pollard, C. and Byrne, J. (ed.) Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century. Blood Axe Books, Hexam, England, 2009 ISBN 978-1852248383.
- Changling. The Poetry Archive 2011. ISBN 978-1852249113 Accessed 21 September 2015.
- Nota Benes. World Literature Today, 2013. ISBN 978-1852249762. Accessed 21 September 2015.
- Clare Pollard Bloodaxe Books website.