She finished second in the Women's World Championship at Stockholm 1937, behind Vera Menchik but ahead of Sonja Graf, Milda Lauberte, Mary Bain, Mona May Karff, and others. She was the twice Italian women's champion, winning at Milan 1938 and Rome 1939.
In 1936, she took 2nd place, behind Sonja Graf, in Semmering. In 1949/50, she took 9th in the Women's World Chess Championship in Moscow (Ludmila Rudenko won). She tied for 3rd-4th at Venice 1951 (WWCC zonal), won at Gardone 1956, took 6th at Venice 1957 (WWCC zonal), won at Amsterdam 1957, and took 2nd at Beverwijk 1958.
Benini was awarded the Woman International Master (WIM) title in 1950.
- La grande storia degli scacchi
- Women in Chess - 1937 - Chess.com
- Adriano Chicco; Antonio Rosino. Storia degli scacchi in Italia. Venezia, Marsilio, 1990, ISBN 88-317-5383-5
- World Chess Championship (women) : 1949-50 Title Tournament
- Litmanowicz, Władysław & Giżycki, Jerzy (1986, 1987). Szachy od A do Z. Wydawnictwo Sport i Turystyka Warszawa. ISBN 83-217-2481-7 (1. A-M), ISBN 83-217-2745-X (2. N-Z)
|This biographical article relating to an Italian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|