Clarisonic products are available to spa owners, physicians and consumers. The brand is available in over 50 countries.
Clarisonic was founded by David Giuliani, Robb Akridge, Steve Meginniss, Ward Harris and Ken Pilcher in 2000. Giuliani, Clarisonic's CEO, is the former co-founder and CEO of Optiva, which developed the Sonicare line of toothbrushes. Giuliani sold Optiva to Philips Oral Healthcare in 2000.
Akridge was a scientist at Optiva Corporation before co-founding Clarisonic. He holds a bachelor's degree from University of Texas, a Master of Science degree in biology from Texas State University–San Marcos and a doctorate in microbiology from Texas A&M University.
Clarisonic was backed by angel groups including Keiretsu Forum who provided the seed capital for the company
Clarisonic's Pink campaign has raised over 1 million dollars to fight breast cancer. The company currently donates proceeds from its pink products to the American Cancer Society Look Good…Feel Better campaign. As of October 11, 2010 Clarisonic has donated over $1 million to the Look Good...Feel Better campaign.
Awards and recognition
- "L'Oréal completes acquisition of Clarisonic maker". Antoinette Alexander. drugstorenews.com. 2011-12-16. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- "Philips to acquire Optiva Corporation, maker of the Sonicare® sonic toothbrush". Philips. 2000-08-22. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- "Clarisonic Empowers Cancer Patients to Put Their Best Face Forward". prnewswire.com. 2010-09-28. Retrieved 2013-12-09.
- "Clarisonic Wins Glammy Award for "Best Skin Device"". Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- "Clarisonic Wins Allure's 2012 Best of Beauty Award". Retrieved 23 April 2016.