|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 35th district
|Preceded by||Jay Emler|
Clark Shultz is a Republican member of the Kansas Senate, representing the 35th district. Following the resignation of Jay Emler in January 2014, he was selected to take the position by Precinct and Township Republican Committeemen and Committeewomen. He previously served in the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the 73rd district. His position in the House was taken by Les Mason. He has served since 1997. He and his family currently reside in Lindsborg, KS.
- Health and Human Services
- Financial Institutions
- Insurance (Chair)
- Rules and Journal (Chair)
- Select Committee on KPERS (Vice-Chair)
The top 5 donors to Shultz's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Kansas Assoc of Insurance Agents $1,000
- 2. Koch Industries $1,000
- 3. Kansas Bankers Assoc $1,000
- 4. Kansas Hospital Assoc $1,000
- 5. HSBC North America $1,000
- KSAL staff (31 January 2014). "Clark Shultz To Fill Open Senate Seat". KSAL. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Janey, Cristina (18 February 2014). "Les Mason elected to Dist. 73 House seat". McPherson Sentinel. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
- Kansas Legislature - Clark Shultz
- Clark Shultz for Insurance Commissioner campaign website
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1996,1998,2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008