Clarksboro, New Jersey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Clarksboro, New Jersey|
|Elevation||62 ft (19 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0875467|
People who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Clarksboro include:
- Danielson Famile (1995–present), family indie rock band.
- George Gill Green (1842–1925), patent medicine manufacturer.
- Hardy Richardson (1855-1931), Major League Baseball player.
Points of interest
- Eglington Cemetery
- Hidden Acres Park, Clarksboro
- "Clarksboro". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- Schwabsky, barry. "MUSIC; Being Weird Is Not a Bar To Promoting Christianity", The New York Times, April 16, 2000. Accessed April 28, 2015. "So it was no small compliment when Richard Gehr, a writer for the music magazine Spin, declared a band, the Danielson Famile, based in tiny Clarksboro, 'the most joyously eccentric group of performers to ascend the New Jersey Turnpike since Sun Ra's Arkestra.'"
- "The opera house built on medicine: Woodbury's G.G. Green Block ", Hidden New Jersey, December 14, 2012. Accessed April 28, 2015. "Born in nearby Clarksboro, George Gill Green left the University of Pennsylvania medical school in 1864 to fight in the Civil War with the 142nd Illinois Regiment."
- Hardy Richardson Stats, Baseball Almanac. Accessed April 28, 2015. "Hardy Richardson was born on Saturday, April 21, 1855, in Clarksboro, New Jersey."
|This Gloucester County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|