Clarkson GO Station
|Location||1110 Southdown Road|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Structure type||Station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: CL|
Local bus service
- 13 Glen Erin (7 days)
- 14 Lorne Park (weekday off-peak)
- 14A Lorne Park to Winston Churchill (weekday rush hour)
- 23 Lakeshore (7 days)
- 29 Park Royal-Homelands (7 days)
- 45 Winston Churchill (7 days)
- 45A Winston Churchill via Speakman (weekday rush hour)
- 110 University Express (7 days)
- Oakville Transit
- 4 - Speers-Cornwall (7 days)
- 11 Linbrook (weekdays)
- 12 - Winston Park (weekdays)
The original railway station was located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind Warren Clarkson's store and Post Office on the west side of Clarkson Road. It was built in 1853 by the Great Western Railway at the corner of the property which became known as Clarkson's Corner. The apostrophe in Clarkson's was removed from the sign in 1956, on the CNR station which burned down in 1962, although Corner had long since disappeared from usage.
The station brought commerce to local fruit and vegetable farmers, with corn, apples and especially strawberries being the main produce in Clarkson. In 1915, a sign was erected at the station declaring "Through this station passes more strawberries than any other station in Ontario."
To augment the existing 1,500-space parking structure, an additional garage with 1,200 spaces was built between June 2012 and April 2014.
- "Clarkson GO" (PDF). Terminal & Station Maps. City of Mississauga. June 1, 2015. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- "Clarkson Railway Station". B&W Photo. City of Mississauga. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "History of Clarkson". Clarkson BIA. Archived from the original on February 8, 2015.
- "Clarkson Parking Structure". GO Transit. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016.
- "Metrolinx to roll out grocery pickup service at select GO Transit stations". CTV News Toronto. February 26, 2018. Retrieved September 9, 2018.
- Media related to Clarkson GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Clarkson GO Station