Houses on Center Street
Location of Clarksville in Greene County, Pennsylvania.
|• Mayor||Sam Benyi|
|• Total||0.10 sq mi (0.25 km2)|
|• Land||0.10 sq mi (0.25 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||805 ft (245 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||229|
|• Density||2,360.82/sq mi (908.69/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-5)|
Clarksville is located in the northeast corner of Greene County at  at the confluence of Tenmile Creek with its South Fork. The borough is bordered by Morgan Township to the west, by Jefferson Township to the south and east across the South Fork Tenmile Creek, and by East Bethlehem Township in Washington County to the north across Tenmile Creek. Clarksville is 3 miles (5 km) southwest of Millsboro, where Tenmile Creek joins the Monongahela River. Clarksville though small is actually located in both Washington and Greene county. Residents living on the North side of Ten Mile creek reside in Washington County. Their children attend school and their property taxes go to the Beth Center School district . Those residing on the south side of Ten Mile Creek reside in Greene county as indicated. Their children and property taxes go the Jefferson Morgan school district. The post office is located on the Greene County side of town . This is what leads to the mistaken notion that Clarksville PA is located solely in Greene county.(39.974170, -80.044833),
As of the census of 2000, there were 234 people, 78 households, and 52 families residing in the borough. The population density was 2,387.1 people per square mile (903.5/km²). There were 90 housing units at an average density of 918.1 per square mile (347.5/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 96.15% White, 1.28% African American, 0.43% Native American and 2.14% Pacific Islander. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.43% of the population.
There were 78 households, out of which 26.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.1% were married couples living together, 11.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.3% were non-families. 28.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 17.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.51 and the average family size was 3.12.
In the borough the population was spread out, with 20.5% under the age of 18, 7.3% from 18 to 24, 21.4% from 25 to 44, 23.1% from 45 to 64, and 27.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46 years. For every 100 females there were 93.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.2 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $25,833, and the median income for a family was $26,429. Males had a median income of $26,667 versus $31,250 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $13,720. About 7.1% of families and 7.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.4% of those under the age of eighteen and 5.4% of those sixty five or over.
- Joseph Yablonski labor leader who was murdered in his Clarksville home.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 14, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Clarksville borough, Pennsylvania". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 12 May 2015. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 17 June 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.