Clash (2016 film)
|Directed by||Mohamed Diab|
|Produced by||Moez Masoud|
|Written by||Mohamed Diab|
|Music by||Khaled Dagher|
Clash (Arabic: اشتباك) is a 2016 internationally co-produced drama film directed by Mohamed Diab. It was officially selected by the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and was the opening film of the Festival's Un Certain Regard section that year. It was selected as the Egyptian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards but it was not nominated. It won the award for Best Film at the 2016 International Film Festival of Kerala.
Set just after the political events of June 2013, the film is shot entirely in the confines of a police van containing Muslim Brotherhood members and pro-army supporters, as well as other people belonging to neither of these factions.
- Nelly Karim
- Hany Adel
- Mohammed Alaa
- Khaled Kamal
- Ali Altayeb
- Mai Elghety
- Hosni Sheta
- Ahmed Malik
- Mohamed Gamal Kalbaz
- Ashraf Hamdi
Deborah Young of The Hollywood Reporter states the film "will be remembered as one of the most telling depictions of modern Egypt yet filmed" and "is an original, often quite disturbing experience to watch".
- List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Egyptian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "'Clash':Cannes Review". Screen Daily. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "2016 Cannes Film Festival Announces Lineup". IndieWire. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Cannes 2016: Film Festival Unveils Official Selection Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- Ritman, Alex (1 September 2016). "Oscars: Egypt Selects 'Clash' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Clash takes home top IFFK laurels". The Hindu. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "Cannes Film Review: Clash". Variety. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "'Clash' ('Eshtebak' ): Cannes Review". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Clash (Eshtebak)". Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "'Clash' ('Eshtebak'): Cannes Review". Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- Weissberg, Jay (13 May 2016). "Cannes Film Review: 'Clash'". Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Diab's 'Clash' storms Egyptian box office".