|Part of the Politics series on|
Class War is an anarchist group and newspaper established by Ian Bone and others in 1983 in the United Kingdom. A reforged incarnation of Class War was briefly registered as a political party for the purposes of fighting the 2015 general election.
A third 'Bash The Rich' event, scheduled to march through Hampstead in 1985, was largely prevented by a heavy police presence, and was acknowledged by Class War to have been a failure. This event was seen by many as a major setback for the group, and many members left to form other groups or drifted away.
In the 2010s, Ian Bone revived Class War as a political party. Their activities included a weekly Poor Doors protest in Aldgate. Class War also encouraged a demonstration against the Jack the Ripper Museum.
- Walker, Peter (29 September 2015). "Class War accuses Cereal Killer Cafe owners of 'milking publicity'". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- Haynes, Gavin (2015). "This Is How London's Anarchists Prepared for This Year's May Day Protests". Vice News. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- Barberis, Peter; McHugh, John; Tyldesley, Mike; Pendry, Helen (2000). Encyclopedia of British and Irish Political Organizations: Parties, Groups and Movements of the Twentieth Century. London & New York: Pinter. ISBN 9781855672642.
- Home, Stewart (1988). The Assault on Culture: Utopian Currents from Lettrisme to Class War. London: Aporia Press & Unpopular Books. ISBN 9780948518881.
- Croucher, Shane (April 8, 2015). "This party is standing at #GE2015 'because all other candidates are scum'". International Business Times UK. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- Brett, Daniel (March 16, 2015). "Is This the Most Dangerous Banner in Britain?". HuffPost UK. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- Pasco, Philip Kleinfeld, Photos by: Jack (November 27, 2014). "Anarchists Have Nearly Defeated the 'Poor Doors' On a London Block of Flats". Vice. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- Gayle, Damien (October 21, 2015). "Class War protester cleared of criminal damage at poor doors demonstration". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077.
- Gayle, Damien (October 21, 2015). "Class War protester cleared of criminal damage at 'poor doors' demonstration". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077.