Class of Nuke 'Em High 2: Subhumanoid Meltdown
|The Class of Nuke 'Em High Part II: Subhumanoid Meltdown|
Theatrical release poster
|Music by||Bob Mithoff|
|Edited by||Gordon Grinberg|
|Distributed by||Troma Entertainment|
Class of Nuke 'Em High Part II: Subhumanoid Meltdown is a 1991 American science fiction action horror film and the first sequel to the 1986 minor-hit Class of Nuke 'Em High. Notably, there are no characters carried over from the first film (possibly because of the sequel's production being in Los Angeles as opposed to the original's New York based production).
Tromaville's nuclear reactor has been rebuilt and the Nukamama Corporation that funded it has incorporated a new college, the Tromaville Institute of Technology (T.I.T.), inside the design, as an effort to atone for the events of the first film. Located inside the nuclear plant, is where Professor Holt who has perfected a race of 'Sub-humanoids'; Living beings without emotions, who have been created and programmed to perform menial tasks. When school reporter Roger Smith meets a beautiful subhumanoid named Victoria, they fall in love. However, the creatures have a tendency to go into spontaneous meltdown. Roger is now determined to save Victoria from this messy fate, but first he'll have to face the giant mutant squirrel, Tromie, who attacks Tromaville tech in the climax.
- Brick Bronsky as Roger Smith
- Lisa Gaye as Professor Melvina Holt
- Lily Hayes-Kaufman as young Melvina
- Leesa Rowland as Victoria
- Michael Kurtz as Yoke
- Scott Resnick as Dean Okra
- Jacquelyn Rene Moen as Diane / Bald Subhumanoid
- M. Davis as Murray
- Phil Rivo as Harvey / Malathion Man
- Erica Frank as Tour guide
- Thomas Perry as The Toxic Avenger
- Michael Herz and Lloyd Kaufman (uncredited) as Voices of Helicopter pilots
A third film, entitled The Good, the Bad and the Subhumanoid, was released in 1994.
A fourth installment, Return to Nuke 'Em High: Volume 1, was released in 2013. The second volume is due for release in early 2016.
- "CLASS OF NUKE 'EM HIGH PART II: SUBHUMANOID MELTDOWN (15)". British Board of Film Classification. May 14, 1992. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
|This article about a 1990s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a science-fiction horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|