Classified Ventures, LLC was a Chicago-based media company. The company, established to capitalize on the revenue growth in the online classified advertising categories of automotive and rentals, was a joint venture among five major newspaper publishers: A. H. Belo, Gannett, The McClatchy Company, Tribune Company, and Graham Holdings Company It previous owned the brands Cars.com and Apartments.com before selling both in 2014. On August 5, 2014, Gannett announced that it would buy out the remainder of the company for $1.8 billion, giving it full ownership of Classified Ventures' properties. The acquisition was closed on October 1, 2014.
- "Industry takes slow steps toward digital transactions". San Francisco Chronicle. July 31, 2005.
- Marek, Lynne (25 March 2014). "The end is near for Classified Ventures". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Media Giant Gannett to Spin Off USA Today and Print Business". 5 August 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Gannett Reorganizing, Buying Cars.com". NetNewsCheck. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Gannett Completes Cars.com Acquisition". 1 October 2014. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
|This article about an internet company of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|