|Initial release||March 21, 2016|
|Available in||34 languages|
Classroom is an iPadOS app, developed by Apple Inc., which allows teachers to view, remote control, and transfer files to students in their classes. The app allows teachers to assign activities to students.
|Initial release||June 26, 2018|
|Available in||32 languages|
|Type||Learning management systems|
Schoolwork is companion app for Classroom, announced during Apple's edtech event in March 2018 and released in June 2018. The free app allows teachers to distribute documents, iBook files, web links, and assignments through ClassKit (such as Kahoot! quizzes) with due dates. Students can hand-in those assignments via the app for teachers to view and provide feedback via the app.
The app allows teachers to view what students are doing on their screen. ClassKit allows developers of educational apps to create links for specific function in their application, which teachers can subsequently assign to students. It also relays the results of the student's actions back to the Schoolwork app to be shared with the teacher.
- Hall, Zac (21 March 2016). "Apple's new Classroom app for iPad is now available on the App Store". 9to5Mac. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Herrick, Justin (27 March 2018). "Classroom, Schoolwork apps are Apple's big play for schools". TechnoBuffalo. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Gilbert, Ben (27 March 2018). "Apple's got a new app for helping teachers and students — it's called 'Schoolwork,' and it's part of a bigger education push at Apple". Business Insider. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Apple launches its free Schoolwork app for teachers". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- "Apple's free Schoolwork app for teachers is available now". Engadget. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Kastrenakes, Jacob (27 March 2018). "Apple's Schoolwork app lets teachers dole out digital assignments to students". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Nicas, Jack (March 27, 2018). "Apple Unveils New iPad to Catch Google in the Classroom". The New York Times.
- Reisinger, Don (27 March 2018). "Apple Education Event Puts the Focus on Students and Teachers". Fortune. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Rossignol, Joe (26 June 2018). "Apple's Free Schoolwork App Now Available to Teachers". MacRumors. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- Horwitz, Jeremy (27 March 2018). "Apple announces Classroom for Mac, Schoolwork for iOS, and ClassKit API". VentureBeat. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Evans, Jonny (2018-03-28). "Why HR needs to look at Apple's Schoolwork app". Computerworld. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Gurman, Mark (27 March 2018). "Apple Rolls Out Education Software". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 28 March 2018.