|Born||12 November 1888
|Died||17 May 1977
|Occupation||writer, playwright, art critic, art historian|
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
|Notable awards||chevalier de la Légion d’honneur (1927),
commandeur de la Légion d’honneur (1956)
|Spouse||Florestine Caroline Nathan (nickname "Mayotte")|
|Children||Paulette (1913–?; married Asselain),
Claude Roger-Marx (12 November 1888, Paris – 17 May 1977, Paris), was a French writer, and playwright, as well as an art critic and art historian like his father Roger Marx (1859–1913). He also used the pen name "Claudinet".
Roger-Marx, son of Roger Marx and Elisa Nathan (1859–1933), achieved his baccalauréat in 1906, studied at the faculties of law and humanities of the University of Paris, and began to write poems and plays. In 1912 he married Florestine Caroline Nathan, who gave birth to their two children. He published two novels, before he wrote plays. In 1927 he became a chevalier of the Légion d’honneur. During World War II, in February 1944 he lost his son, who was imprisoned by the Gestapo. Roger-Marx, as a Jew, fled to Marseille in 1941, and in 1943 to Isère.
His real career as critic and art historian started after the war. He was a great admirer of art, and became inspector of the Écoles des Beaux-Arts (schools of fine arts). He also was chroniqueur attitré of the Figaro, especially the Figaro Littéraire, its literary supplement, as well as of the Revue de Paris. In 1956 he was made commander of the Légion d’honneur.
- Les Deux Amis, novel, Albin Michel, 1921
- La Tragédie légère, novel, Albin Michel, 1922
- Simili, comedy in three acts, Stock, 1930
- Dimanche, comedy in one act, Andrieu frères, 1934
- Biens oisifs, comedy in one act, Stock, 1936
- Lecture, comedy in one act, Stock, 1936
- La Pensionnaire, comedy in three acts, Lejeune, 1936
- Réussite, comedy in one act, Librairie théâtrale, 1936
- 80 printemps, ou les Ardeurs de l'hiver, comedy in one act, Lejeune, 1936
- Nino, comedy in one act, Les Annales, 1937
- Marie ou la Manière douce, comedy in three acts, Denoël, 1938
- Art historical works
- Graphic art [of] the 19th century
- Vuillard: His Life & Work, Paul Elek 1946
- Les Lithographies de Renoir, André Sauret, Monte-Carlo, 1952
- Degas: Dancers
- Delacroix (The Great Draughtsmen)
- Dufy: At the races (The petite library of art)
- Daumier: Paintings
- Les Lithographies de Toulouse-Lautrec
- La Gravure originale en France de Manet à nos jours (French Original Prints from Manet to the Present Time)
- Vertès: Un et divers
- Les archives Roger Marx (1859-1913) et Claude Roger-Marx (1888-1977), de nouvelles sources pour l’étude de la critique et de l’histoire de l’art en France (French), Institut national d'histoire de l'art (INHA).
- Claudinet [Pseud. Für Claude Roger-Marx]: Les vits imaginaires.
- Inventaire du fonds d'archives de Claude ROGER-MARX (1888-1977) (French), biography by his grandchildren.
- Claude Roger-Marx (1888-1977) (French)
- Claude Roger-Marx (French)