This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
17 May 1958 |
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Magic, Rough Cutt, Hughes/Thrall, Dio, Holy Grail, Loudness, Last in Line|
Claude Schnell (17 May 1958, Brooklyn, New York) is a French American keyboardist who has been a member of the bands Magic, Rough Cutt, Dio, and Last in Line. He also played on the Y&T album Down for the Count.
Born in Brooklyn, New York, United States, and raised in France, when he was six years old his family moved back to New York, and Schnell immersed himself in the traditional classical piano curriculum of private lessons, practice and recitals.
As he was growing up, with the impact of artists like Jimi Hendrix playing in the Village, Humble Pie at the Fillmore and Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden, Schnell discovered rock and roll. He maintained the discipline of his Classical studies, he also began playing in a wide assortment of bands.
Schnell left New York City to spend several years in Buffalo where more long-term musical friendships were forged, most notably with bass players Billy Sheehan and Joe Cristofanilli, and drummer Pete O'Donnell.
By 1983, Schnell's musical diligence and precision had earned him a reputation as one of L.A.'s most serious and well-respected players. Schnell joined Dio in May 1983. Schnell first played with Dio on the Holy Diver tour, though he did not play on the album itself.
After almost seven years in that band, Schnell chose to redefine his artistic focus, and embark upon his own musical odyssey.
- The Last in Line (1984)
- Sacred Heart (1985)
- Intermission (1986)
- Dream Evil (1987)
- Finding The Sacred Heart: Live In Philly 1986 (2013)
- 1983 - Rough Cutt - Hollywood Hottest Unsigbed Rock Bands (compilation)
- 1985 - Y&T - Down for the Count
- 1985 - Mark Edwards - Code of Honor
- 1989 - Loudness - Soldier of Fortune
- 1989 - Doro - Force Majeure
- 1993 - Impellitteri - Victim of the System
- 1993 - Gary Hoey - Animal Instinct
- 2003 - Neil Turbin - Threatcon Delta
- 2016 - Last in Line - Heavy Crown
- Note: The band Magic that Claude Schnell was a member of wasn't the band which released the song "Rude".
|This article on a keyboardist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|