||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015)|
|Birth name||Barclay Macbride Crenshaw|
July 7, 1971 |
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||House, tech house, deep house, minimal, ghettotech|
|Labels||Dirtybird Records, Mothership|
Barclay Macbride Crenshaw (born 7 July 1971), who is known by the stage name Claude VonStroke, is an American house and techno producer based in San Francisco. He owns the Dirtybird and Mothership labels. In July 2006 he released his debut album, Beware of the Bird. He has produced a 'Fabric' mix, which was released in May 2009, and has also appeared on Pete Tong's Essential Mix Radio show. In 2009, he released his second studio album, Bird Brain.
Barclay Macbride Crenshaw was born in Cleveland, Ohio and lived there until he was in seventh grade. His family then moved to Detroit. He had an interest in hip-hop music at first, but then embraced electronic music. Later he moved to Los Angeles, where he worked on numerous movie productions as location scout and production assistant. From 2002 to 2003 he worked on the documentary Intellect: Techno House Progressive, for which he interviewed more than 50 well-known DJs.
In the early 2000s, Claude met up with "The Martin Brothers". In January 2005 he formed the dirtybird label. His wife, Aundy, funded the original start of the Dirtybird label. She gave him one year to turn it into a successful record label and would have cut him off if the label did not succeed. The Fabric imprint invited Barclay early in his DJ career to do a mix, and he accepted saying, "Fabric called me, and of course I agreed without hesitation. I have wanted to mix one of the Fabric series since I started DJing house. I feel like it is a nice achievement for a DJ, something that says, 'OK, this person is legit.'"
- 2006: Beware of the Bird
- 2009: Bird Brain
- 2013: Urban Animal
- 2006: The Whistler
- 2006: Deep Throat
- 2006: Who's Afraid of Detroit?
- 2007: Groundhog Day
- 2008: Scarlet Macaw
- 2009: Beat That Bird (With Justin Martin)
- 2009: Vocal Chords
- 2009: Monster Island
- 2010: California (With J Phlip)
- 2012: Ignorance Is Bliss (With Eats Everything)
- 2012: Le Fantome (With Jaw)
- 2006: Soul Avengerz Feat. Javine – Don't Let The Morning Come (Claude Von Stroke & Justin Martin Remix)
- 2006: Fedde Le Grand – Put Your Hands Up for Detroit (Claude Von Stroke Packard Plant Remix)
- 2006: Andy Caldwell – Warrior (Claude VonStroke Sharp Toof Mix)
- 2007: Samim – Heater (Claude VonStroke Remix)
- 2007: The Rapture – W.A.Y.U.H. (Whoo! Alright - Yeah ... Uh Huh) People Don't Dance No More (Claude's Vocal Pantydropper Mix)
- 2007: Mighty Dub Katz – Magic Carpet Ride (Claude Vonstroke 'Sucker Free City Edition')
- 2009: Kevin Saunderson – The Human Bond (Claude VonStroke Rave Recognize Rave Mix)
- 2010: Chilly Gonzales – I Am Europe (Claude Von Stroke Take A Trip Mix)
- 2010: Cajmere – Percolator (Claude VonStroke Remix)
- 2012: Kimbra – Old Flame (Claude VonStroke Remix)
- Claude VonStroke: Man or Machine?, theskinny.co.uk, access date 17 July 2014
- Claude VonStroke Bio, protonradio.com, access date 20 July 2014
- "Dirty Bird". Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- Claude VonStroke discography at Discogs
- Barclay Crenshaw at the Internet Movie Database
- Claude VonStroke at dirtybirdrecords.com
- Claude VonStroke at mothershipmusic.com