Wroten with the Rams in 2007
|Date of birth:||September 16, 1983|
|Place of birth:||Bastrop, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||295 lb (134 kg)|
|High school:||Bastrop (LA)|
|NFL Draft:||2006 / Round: 3 / Pick: 68|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2008|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Claude James Wroten (born September 16, 1983) is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the third round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisiana State.
Wroten was First-team All-SEC by College Football News and Second-Team All-SEC by the Associated Press and the SEC Coaches. He played 12 games with nine starts. He recorded 44 tackles, 12 tackles for losses and 6 sacks. He had 3 tackles and 1 sack for an 8-yard loss against Iowa in the Capital One Bowl. As a senior in 2005 he was named First-Team All-America by College Football News and Second-Team All-America by the Sporting News and named First-Team All-SEC by both the league’s coaches and the AP. He played in 13 games with 12 starts. He had 49 tackles, 10.5 tackles for losses and 6 sacks and 26 quarterback hurries.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-2*||302*||5.08 *||1.81 **||2.87 **||4.83 *||7.70 *||29½" **||8'10" **||26 **||X|
|* represents NFL Combine ** LSU Pro Day —"X" Denotes "No Data" or "Did Not Participate"|
Wroten had a chance at being a first-round pick after LSU's season ended, then police stopped him for speeding in Sterlington, Louisiana, on January 4, 2006, and arrested him on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. However, the district attorney declined the case.
St. Louis Rams
Wroten was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the third round of the 2006 NFL Draft. On July 25, Wroten signed a four-year, $2.415 million contract with the Rams. Wroten played 15 games as a rookie, totaling 13 tackles a sack and a forced fumble.
In 2007, Wroten recorded 13 tackles and a half-sack. He served a four-game suspension in 2007 for violation of the NFL substance abuse policy.
On July 23, 2008, Wroten was suspended without pay (he was due $445,000 salary) for the 2008 NFL season for his third violation the NFL's substance abuse policy. The Rams have asked suspended Wroten to return part of his rookie signing bonus, filing a grievance against Wroten, who received an $805,000 signing bonus his rookie contract. The Rams sought $201,250 back.
Wroten signed with the Edmonton Eskimos on August 9, 2012.
Marion Blue Racers
- Weisman, Larry. (April 24, 2006). NFL teams often put up red flags USA Today. Retrieved April 20, 2009.
- Associated Press.(July 23, 2008)Rams' Wroten suspended in substance abuse Sporting News. Retrieved May 2, 2009.
-  Rotoworld.com. Retrieved May 2, 2009.
- "United Football League Signs 21 Players to Florida Tuskers' Roster". PR Newswire. August 17, 2009. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- "Former St. Louis Ram Signs with Blue Racers". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. November 29, 2012. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- Bob Hamar (May 8, 2015). "Danger released Kayne Farquharson, Wroten from team". www.theindependent.com. The Grand Island Independent. Retrieved May 20, 2015.