Before being elected to Gloucester council, Cain was an assistant to the council and a press secretary for the Carleton Separate School board. In 1991, Cain defeated incumbent mayor Harry Allen, in part due to an unpopular tax increase during Allen's tenure as mayor.. She was able to reduce municipal taxes during her time as mayor.
In the Ottawa municipal election, 2000, Cain ran for the position of mayor of the combined city but came second to Bob Chiarelli. In 2001, she was appointed justice of the peace in the eastern region of Ontario.
- "Cain seeks Gloucester Council Seat". Ottawa Citizen. September 27, 1985. p. 42. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "New name for St. Joseph Blvd. bridge". Orléans Star. August 30, 2012.
- "Mayor front runners embrace popularity of tax cuts". Ottawa Business Journal. October 22, 2000.
- "Strong candidates, clear choices". Ottawa Citizen. November 6, 2006. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Herb Kreling resigns council seat to become Justice of the Peace". Orleans Online. September 9, 2005.
|This article about a mayor in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|