May 18, 1918
Guymon, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Died||June 16, 2011
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Paul Bryar (his death, 1985)|
Claudia Bryar (May 18, 1918 – June 16, 2011) was an American actress.
She played small parts in mostly Western television series such as Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and The Guns of Will Sonnett, but also The Real McCoys, The Bob Newhart Show, The Andy Griffith Show, and The Twilight Zone (Episode: "Mute"). She appeared in small roles in such films as I Was A Teenage Frankenstein and Bad Company. She appeared in made-for-television movies such as Alexander: The Other Side of Dawn (1977) and The Family Nobody Wanted (1975). Her career ended with her role of Mrs. Prince in Hill Street Blues.
One of seven children of Ruby Elaine (Seal) and Ross Rizley, a congressman and federal judge, she was married to actor Paul Bryar (born Gabriel Paul Barrere) until his death in 1985. The couple had three children, including Paul Barrere, guitarist and singer with the rock band Little Feat.
- The Houston Story (1956) as Clara Phelan (uncredited)
- Giant (1956) as Older Beauty Operator (uncredited)
- The Wrong Man (1956) as Small Role (uncredited)
- I Was A Teenage Frankenstein (1957) as Arlene's Mother
- The True Story of Lynn Stuart (1958) as Nora Efron (uncredited)
- Official Detective episode "The Deserted House" as Melissa Falcon (1958)
- A Big Hand for the Little Lady (1966) as Mrs. Price (uncredited)
- The Ride to Hangman's Tree (1967) as Mrs. Harmon
- The Shakiest Gun in the West (1968) as Mrs. Remington (uncredited)
- Angel in My Pocket (1969) as Mrs. Axel Gresham
- Gaily, Gaily (1969) as Mother
- Bad Company (1972) as Mrs. Clum
- Ace Eli and Rodger of the Skies (1973) as Ann
- Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973) as Mrs. Horrell
- Psycho II (1983) as Mrs. Emma Spool
- Psycho III (1986) as Mrs. Emma Spool (flashback, uncredited)