Claudia Palacios in 2012
|Born||Claudia Isabel Palacios Giraldo
October 1, 1977 
Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia
|Occupation||Television and print journalist|
|Notable credit(s)||CM& Noticias news anchor
CNN en Español weekend anchor
Caracol Noticias morning anchor
Citytv Bogotá (2017-)
Claudia Isabel Palacios Giraldo (born October 1, 1977 in Cali) is a Colombian journalist and newscaster. She is best known as the weekend news anchor on CNN en Español, a position she held from 2004 through 2012. She is currently both a news anchor on CM& Television in Colombia and a journalist for the Colombian magazine El Pueblo.
Claudia lived in Palmira, a town near Cali, until she was 15 years old. She graduated from the Colegio del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús. She then earned a degree in journalism from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá. She started her journalistic career on Noticiero del Pacífico at Telepacifico, a regional TV station, where she reported on the environment for Dagma, a weekly program produced by the University of Valle's UVTV. Later, she joined the Noticiero CM& newscast, where she covered a variety of important events including several official presidential trips, union marches, student protests, and congressional sessions.
In 1998, she joined Caracol Noticias as a morning news anchor. She also covered international and health issues for Caracol Noticias. Her reporting on women's health issues led to an award in Mexico by CELSAM (Centro de Estudios Latinoamericanos para la Salud de la Mujer or the Center of Latin American Studies on Women's Health). In addition, she served as a communications consultant for various local businesses, such as the Colombian Society of Pediatrics, Roche Laboratories, Coca-Cola, ExxonMobil, and Unisys. In 2004, she was named one of five Colombian women of the year by Fucsia magazine.
On July 30, 2004, after a job offer made via email, she joined CNN en Español as the anchor of the weekend news program Mirador Mundial. She has since covered numerous important stories for CNN en Español, including the U.S. elections, the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami aftermath, and the death of Pope John Paul II, and has interviewed the president of Bolivia, Evo Morales, and one of his predecessors, Carlos Mesa. She has also served as host of CNN en Español's weekly travel program, Destinos. In 2012, she left her position at CNN en Español to return to Colombia for reasons of both family and career fulfillment.
Since Pope Francis's visit to Colombia, Claudia Palacios worked for Citytv Bogotá as a presenter of the specials about his visit, Citynoticias de las 8 and Mejor Hablemos. In January 2018 Johnatan Nieto was reinstated as the presenter of Citynoticias de las 8, but Claudia remains at the channel.
- ""¿Te vas o te quedas?" Vanguardia Liberal. Bucaramanga, 24 de febrero de 2013" (in Spanish).
- "Más que una cara bonita. La Nación (Argentina)" (in Spanish).
- "Una mirada a Claudia Palacios.Revista Artes, 26 de junio de 2011.Pag.3" (in Spanish).
- ""EE UU no conoce América Latina". El País, 20 de octubre de 2008" (in Spanish).
- "Claudia Palacios: Aquí en Bolivia no hay mordaza, se puede hablar de todos los temas. El Deber, 10 de marzo de 2013" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2013-03-15.
- "Citytv lanza nueva imagen con la visita a Colombia del papa Francisco". El Tiempo. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "El cucuteño más bogotano regresa a las noches de City". El Tiempo. 21 January 2018. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Lo pidieron los televidentes: sale Claudia Palacios y vuelve Johnatan Nieto a Citynoticias". Pulzo. 15 January 2018. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Claudia Palacios.|
- CNN biography
- Claudia Palacios at CNN en Español Official Website (in Spanish)
- Claudia Palacios fan club (in Spanish)
- En Colombia (in Spanish)
- INTE Awards 2004 (Profile and QuickTime Reel) (in Spanish)