13 September 1938|
|Died||13 July 1985
Page, Arizona, United States
Claudio Cassinelli (13 September 1938 – 13 July 1985) was an Italian film, stage and television actor.
Life and career
Born in Bologna to Giuseppina Tafani and Antonio Cassinelli, a well known opera singer, he had two sisters, Paola Cristina and Loretta. Cassinelli began his career in theater, later dedicating himself to film and television work. His film career is divided equally between auteur films (with, among others, Paolo and Vittorio Taviani, Liliana Cavani, Pasquale Festa Campanile, Damiano Damiani) and genre films, especially poliziotteschi and action films.
Cassinelli died in Page, Arizona during the filming of a scene in Sergio Martino's Vendetta dal futuro. He was on a helicopter that crashed into the Navajo Bridge due to pilot error. He was 46 and left three children: Sebastiano, Filippo and Giovanni.
- Allonsanfàn (1974)
- The Devil Is a Woman (1974)
- What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (1974)
- Flavia the Heretic (1974)
- The Police Can't Move (1975)
- The Suspicious Death of a Minor (1975)
- Free Hand for a Tough Cop (1976)
- Bloody Payroll (1976)
- The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978)
- Blood and Diamonds (1978)
- The Great Alligator River (1979)
- Avalanche Express (1979)
- Island of the Fishmen (1979)
- The Good Thief (1980)
- Grog (1982)
- Scorpion with Two Tails (1982)
- Hercules (1983)
- Warriors of the Year 2072 (1984)
- The Adventures of Hercules (1985)
- Vendetta dal futuro (1986)
- Enrico Lancia,Roberto Poppi. Gli attori. A - L, Volume 3. Gramese Editore.
- "E' morto l'attore Cassinelli caduto con l'elicottero in Usa". La Stampa. 14 July 1985.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|