From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Clausius.
Claudius is a name of Latin origin, meaning "Crippled".
Claudius was the fourth Roman Emperor reigning from 41 to his death in 54.
Claudius may also refer to:
- any member of the family of Claudii; see Claudia (gens)
- Saint Claudius (disambiguation), the name of several Christian saints
- Claudius Aelianus (ca. 175–ca. 235), Roman author and teacher of rhetoric
- Claudius Gothicus, also known as Marcus Aurelius Claudius or Claudius II, Roman Emperor from 268 to 270
- Claudius Silvanus (died 355), Roman general and usurper
- Claudius, Duke of Lusitania, Hispano-Roman Catholic dux (duke) of Lusitania and general in the late sixth century
- Claudius of Turin (fl. 810–827), bishop of Turin, teacher of iconoclasm
- Claudius Clavus (1388–?), Danish geographer
- Gelawdewos of Ethiopia, known as Claudius in English, mid-16th century Emperor of Ethiopia
- Claudius Salmasius, Latin name of Claude Saumaise (1588–1653), French classical scholar
- Claudius Smith (1736–1779), a notorious British Loyalist guerrilla leader in the American Revolution
- Matthias Claudius (1740–1815), German poet famous for Death and the Maiden
- Claudius Buchanan (1766–1815), Scottish theologian, ordained minister of the Church of England, and missionary
- Friedrich Matthias Jacobus Claudius (1789–1862), German jurist
- Benoit Claudius Crozet (1789–1864), French-American educator and civil engineer
- Friedrich Matthias Claudius (1822–1869), German antatomist
- Claudius B. Grant (1835–1921), American jurist
- Eduard Claudius (1911–1976), German writer and diplomat de:Eduard Claudius
- Claudius Dornier (1884–1969), German airplane builder and founder of Dornier GmbH
- Hermann Claudius (1878–1980) German writer and poet, great grandson of Matthias de:Hermann Claudius
- 7117 Claudius, asteroid.
- King Claudius, Hamlet's uncle in Shakespeare's play Hamlet
- Claudius, a genus of mud turtles
- Claudius (suburb), a residential suburb of Centurion, South Africa
- A typeface created by Rudolf Koch
- I, Claudius (TV series)
- List of Roman Emperors, as several Emperors had "Claudius" in their full name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Claudius.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.