Main window of Claws Mail 2.7.1
|Developer(s)||The Claws Mail Team|
|Initial release||May 11, 2001|
3.17.8 / 19 October 2020
|Written in||C (with GTK+)|
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Unix, Windows|
|Type||E-mail client, news client|
Claws Mail is a free and open-source, C/GTK+-based e-mail client, which is both lightweight and highly configurable. Claws Mail runs on both Windows and Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Solaris. It stores mail in the MH mailbox format. Plugins allow to read HTML mail, but there is none to compose HTML messages.
- Search and filtering, optionally via Perl and Python scripting
- Security (GPG, SSL, anti-phishing)
- Anti-spam (SpamAssassin, Bogofilter)
- Per-folder preferences
- Optional external editor
- Templates for messages
- Themes support, customisable toolbars, X-Face support, foldable quotes
- Viewers for HTML mail (Dillo, Gtkhtml2, Fancy (WebKit)), TNEF attachment parser, PDF viewer
- Various notification plugins, e. g. trayicon and LED handler
- Archiving, import/export from standard formats
- Support for Mbox mailbox format
- Calendaring with events as kind of messagess
Development started in April 2001 as Sylpheed-Claws off the development version of Sylpheed, where new features could be tested and debugged. In August 2005 Claws Mail forked completely from Sylpheed.
- List of Usenet newsreaders
- Comparison of Usenet newsreaders
- Comparison of email clients
- Comparison of feed aggregators
- List of applications with iCalendar support
- "Claws Mail 3.17.8 Unleashed!!"; author name string: Paul Mangan; publication date: 19 October 2020; retrieved: 21 October 2020.
- Cat Ellis (2017-05-27). "Claws Mail review. Manage multitudes of messy messages". techradar.
Claws Mail looks simple, but is packed with advanced tools for power users. New users might be happier with Mailbird or Thunderbird, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better tool for taming multiple inboxes.
- Razvan Serea (2017-12-24). "Claws Mail 220.127.116.11". Neowin.
The Claws Mail developers try hard to keep it lightweight, so that it should be usable on low-end computers without much memory or CPU power.
- "Claws Mail for Windows".
Download Claws-Mail for Windows (32-bit) claws-mail-3.17.4-1-32bit.exe · Download Claws-Mail for Windows (EXPERIMENTAL 64-bit build) claws-mail-3.17.4-1-64bit.exe
- "General Information - Claws Mail FAQ".
- "Claws Mail - Features".
- "Claws Mail - Plugins".
- Jon L. Jacobi (2012-07-10). "Linux Favorite Email Client Claws Mail Works Well on Windows". PCWorld.