Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana
Location in Hamilton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||50.18 sq mi (130.0 km2)|
|• Land||49.09 sq mi (127.1 km2)|
|• Water||1.09 sq mi (2.8 km2) 2.17%|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||1,696.8/sq mi (655.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453209|
Clay Township is one of nine townships in Hamilton County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 83,293 and it contained 32,375 housing units. With the annexation of Home Place, Indiana, Carmel, became completely coterminous with the township. 
Clay Township was organized in 1833.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 50.18 square miles (130.0 km2), of which 49.09 square miles (127.1 km2) (or 97.83%) is land and 1.09 square miles (2.8 km2) (or 2.17%) is water. The streams of Almond Ditch, Ams Run, Blue Woods Creek, Boone Creek, Center Creek, Clay Creek, Cool Creek, Elliot Creek, Lily Vestal Drain, Henley Creek, Highway Run, Hot Lick Creek, Kirkendall Creek, Lion Creek, Little Cool Creek, Long Branch, Mitchener Ditch, Spring Mill Run, Well Run, Will Creek, and Witt Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
Neighborhoods and Communities
- College Meadows
- Echo Crest
- Holaday Hills and Dales
- Home Place
- Kings Mill
- Newark Village
- North Augusta Addition
- North Ridge Village
- Northern Beach
- Northwood Hills
- Orchard Park
- Prairie View (subdivision)
- Saddle Creek
- Spring Creek (subdivision)
- Woodfield (subdivision)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township (north)
- Noblesville Township (northeast)
- Delaware Township (east)
- Washington Township, Marion County (south)
- Pike Township, Marion County (southwest)
- Eagle Township, Boone County (west)
- Union Township, Boone County (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Calvary, Carmel, Farley, Pleasant Grove, Poplar Ridge and White Chapel.
- "Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Haines, John F. (1915). History of Hamilton County, Indiana: Her People, Industries And Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Co. p. 153.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Hamilton County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|