|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.51 sq mi (68.66 km2)|
|• Land||26.51 sq mi (68.65 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.01 km2) 0.01%|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||85.1/sq mi (32.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453210|
Clay Township was organized in 1845.
Clay Township covers an area of 26.51 square miles (68.7 km2); of this, 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) or 0.01 percent is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Marion Township (north)
- Center Township (northeast)
- Liberty Township (east)
- Franklin Township (south)
- Floyd Township, Putnam County (west)
- Marion Township, Putnam County (west)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Amo, Bethel Lutheran, Coatesville, Hadley Friends, Moravian, Old Spring, Springtown Methodist and West Branch Friends.
Airports and landing strips
- Marcidale Airport 8IN9
Clay Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Coatesville-Clay Township Public Library in Coatesville.
- "Clay Township, Hendricks County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved September 24, 2009.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "U.S. Census website". Retrieved July 20, 2008.
- Hadley, John Vestal (1914). History of Hendricks County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. pp. 65.
- "About". Coatesville-Clay Twp Public Library. Retrieved March 7, 2018.