Beams playing for the Brisbane Lions reserves in April 2017
|Full name||Clayton Beams|
|Date of birth||1 September 1991|
|Original team(s)||Labrador (AFLQ)|
No. 76, 2010 rookie draft, Brisbane Lions|
No. 65 (RP), 2010 national draft, Brisbane Lions
No. 1, 2018 rookie draft, Brisbane Lions
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (183 lb)|
|2011–2018||Brisbane Lions||54 (27)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2018.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
He was selected by the Brisbane Lions as a priority Queensland rookie selection (pick 76 overall) in the 2009 Rookie Draft from AFLQ club Labrador. He had only joined the Labrador team a few months earlier after seeing his brother Dayne perform well for Collingwood in the AFL.
On the back of strong performances in the Brisbane Lions reserves side throughout 2010 and his selection in the Queensland state side, Beams was officially elevated at the 2010 AFL Draft and will commence the 2011 AFL season on the Brisbane Lions senior list. He was injured for a couple of games during the early part of the season
In October 2017, Beams was delisted by Brisbane, but was later recruited as a rookie in Brisbane.
In September 2018, Beams was delisted again by Brisbane. 
Beams made his debut against Fremantle in Round 1 at the Gabba, with 13 disposals. He played five of the first seven games of the season before breaking his foot and did not play for the remainder of the year.
Beams played in the round 1 victory against Melbourne and was rewarded the round 1 nomination for the 2012 AFL Rising Star for tagging Brent Moloney out of the game, whilst still collecting 25 possessions himself. He was the first Lion to be nominated since Jack Redden in 2010.
- "Brisbane maul Melbourne by 41 points at the MCG". Herald Sun. 30 March 2012.
Clayton Beams, only 20 and in only his sixth match
- Malone, Paul (21 August 2009). "Draft lures Claye Beams". Herald Sun. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Lions add four at 2010 draft". Brisbane Lions website. 18 November 2010. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- "Brisbane begins to mould Claye Beams". Courier Mail. 20 December 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- Whiting, Michael (26 October 2017). "Lions cut five as Fagan reshapes list". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Clark, Laine (24 May 2011). "Lions lose Beams for season". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Claye Beams a Rising Star nominee". The Sydney Morning Herald. 3 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Claye Beams.|